Will Hughes Article

Orphanram

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There was a similar suggestion about Roma and Salah on the Beeb website prior to y'days game.

Still that makes it worse - they were so poor with the financial side we most likely took hits on Hughes and Ince!

You ITK then lol

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Prove Liverpool weren't interested.

He supported Liverpool as a boy, selecting Neil Mellor's winner against Arsenal in November 2004 as his fondest memory, although the joy of finally playing in front of the Kop was offset by a 5-0 defeat.

'They were always my number one team but I was never close to joining them or anyone,' said Hughes. 'People were putting two and two together. I've been used to it since I was 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article -5665221/Will-Hughes-not-wonderkid-anymore-cultured-midfielder-impressing- Watford.html

You know, in the article we are talking about....

Just now, Ramchop said:

He supported Liverpool as a boy, selecting Neil Mellor's winner against Arsenal in November 2004 as his fondest memory, although the joy of finally playing in front of the Kop was offset by a 5-0 defeat.

'They were always my number one team but I was never close to joining them or anyone,' said Hughes. 'People were putting two and two together. I've been used to it since I was 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article -5665221/Will-Hughes-not-wonderkid-anymore-cultured-midfielder-impressing- Watford.html

You know, in the article we are talking about....

Close to joining them and 'not interested' are two different things. Maybe they were originally interested but not at the price we wanted?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Close to joining them and 'not interested' are two different things. Maybe they were originally interested but not at the price we wanted?

Anybody need any goalposts moving contact Roy he’s the Pickfords of the genre

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I learnt from you @archied

I will forgive you Roy as I’m sure your feeling the tension building up for Sunday , truce and focus on willing derby on to a result suggested?

Barring injuries I can see him getting his first cap before the 2020 championships with or without a move to a bigger club. He'd have to make a good impact from very limited opportunities to get on the plane though.

From a Derby standpoint, if he can follow up this season with a slightly improved one next season and add a couple of wondergoals I can see a nicely inflated sell on fee coming our way.  The worry is Watford cash in this summer to another stepping stone team (West Ham, Wolves etc) and it's them who get the big bucks when the following move is to one of the elite.

Thinking through international recognition, is he doomed to always be behind Alli, who has a couple of years experience on him, in the pecking order?

Archived