Will Hughes Article

Orphanram

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Attacking midfield at a guess, but Watford are so easily pulled around and out of shape by spurs....

Spurs not even out of first gear .

I am worried about my bet now because I went 3-0 or 3-1 but they may get more .

If Hughes is playing 10 he won’t score enough goals  

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Feel like Hughes would have really suited this 3 in the back formation. Play him as one of the attacking midfielders and you can see his qualities when he is further forward. 

We would only play him as a defensive mid though.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Anyone know Watford's W/D/L stats when Hughes starts?

All the pretty touches in the world don't count for much if there's not end product, especially playing as a no.10.

You can't judge one player on an entire team's stats.  He's got 10 teammates who contribute to those stats

On 27/04/2018 at 23:24, Ambitious said:

Rowett, regardless of how well he does (or doesn't do) here, will (rightly) always be remembered for the sickening fee we received for Hughes. Ince, too, although his wasn't nearly as bad. 

I'm not surprised to see him say that he wasn't a Rowett type player, anyone with a set of eyes could have called that, but it's another reminder that technical players don't have a future at this club under this regime which is a shame. I'm not saying Hughes was always a joy to watch, because he wasn't and anyone who says he was is clinging on to the good times. Classy player, always, but he seemed to spend a lot of games not doing enough or putting himself about enough. 

The move was good for him, I'm glad to see him doing well. I'm also dubious about where he would be considered in THIS Derby County team, even so we should have got a lot, lot more money for him. 

I really don't get the argument about we should have got more money for him. It makes no sense. 

We have a player wanting to leave, and one who isn't going to get into the team. He is up for sale essentially. 

We have only one bidder, and they are prepared to pay a certain price, perhaps lower than they might be prepared to go but with no other bidders, Derby's hands are tied. We can refuse, have an unhappy player who isn't playing and costing money, or sell, get what we can in and allow him his desired move to the PL. Would you rather Derby had taken the former course of action? 

At what stage in any of this could we get a lot more money for him than we did? The market dictates the cost of everything, and the market in this sale was pretty non-existent. It doesn't matter what we think something is worth, his value is what a buyer is prepared to pay. 

Archived