Sell, release or renew contract?

StarterForTen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why does nearly every post get jumped on?

It's all about community reputation. 'Respect' basically. The OP is only level 28 (rookie). I myself have nearly 3000 (Top Gun). If i'd have started this exact same thread it wouldn't have been jumped on, it would've been applauded. 

And as of today I've been notified I'm now a community moderation officer.

I'm basically untouchable now.

51 minutes ago, philmycock said:

So you want to release Jerome, 6 months after we’ve just bought him for £1.5m, the day after he’s scored 2 and had his best match for us. I’m glad you’re not my accountant.

Doesn't he mean he'd release him at the end of his contract, next year?

That's how I took it.

Hence keep for next year, then release.

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Forest fans must love the excitement of Dulux’s finest products

Its a long time since they've seen new paint tbf.

They probably treat a fresh coat like we do a new signing.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Threads such as this are totally pointless until we know what division we're playing next season.

So are comments rendering it pointless to be fair. Some people will enjoy replying.

There's an argument that any thread is pointless as it is time taken away from doing something productive..

Which reminds me, i best get back to work.

I'd say if open a thread you can usually expect some negative comments. If you are starting a debate you will get some opppsing views...in this case, 'how can I answer this when we could be promoted still".

The tone can sometimes be a bit excessive granted. Personally think wouldn't make much difference to who I would keep or release. If they are too old/poor to get a new contract in the Championship they definitely arent getting a new one in the Premier League.

Of the players who are 'proven' Premier League' class most if not all (Hudds; Davies,.... CJ, Brad?...Weimann) are getting on so the decision is more age related anyway. The rest of the list are struggling to prove worthy of getting a new contract as it stands already.

I think this thread is fine...illustrates what we know already....we have an ageing squad with very little resale value and with a lot who need to be sold who won't be because no-one else wants them (Butterfield, Blackman) or not at the price we want or the wages we pay (Shackell, Bryson)  !

• 4 months later...

Bumped now we've started the new season & gone past the loan transfer deadline - of the below, who would you retain beyond next summer? Apparently there is an option for Huddlestone to stay to summer 2020 but don't know if the player (a la Baird/Bent) or the club would activate that!!

Particularly interested whether people would retain Bryson or Johnson in view of their playing time under Lampard? (I wouldn't in either case by the way)

Craig Bryson

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bumped now we've started the new season & gone past the loan transfer deadline - of the below, who would you retain beyond next summer? Apparently there is an option for Huddlestone to stay to summer 2020 but don't know if the player (a la Baird/Bent) or the club would activate that!!

Particularly interested whether people would retain Bryson or Johnson in view of their playing time under Lampard? (I wouldn't in either case by the way)

Craig Bryson

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

None!!!

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Craig Bryson

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

Would let everyone go.  None are good enough for a top half Premier League push...

Craig Bryson - keep. 

Jacob Butterfield - release

Bradley Johnson - release

Nick Blackman - he's gone hasn't he? 

Marcus Olsson - release

David Nugent - release 

Tom Huddlestone - not sure. His performance at hull was very good but i don't like his car.

Alex Pearce - release 

Joe Ledley - release 

Archived