Sell, release or renew contract?

StarterForTen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bumped now we've started the new season & gone past the loan transfer deadline - of the below, who would you retain beyond next summer? Apparently there is an option for Huddlestone to stay to summer 2020 but don't know if the player (a la Baird/Bent) or the club would activate that!!

Particularly interested whether people would retain Bryson or Johnson in view of their playing time under Lampard? (I wouldn't in either case by the way)

Craig Bryson

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

I think many of these players will make important contributions this season. However despite I would let them all go at the end of it, it will enable us to reduce the wage bill and squad size significantly which will enable us to spend cash again investing in quality players of the right age to balance the squad and creating room for our good youngsters to flourish. 

34 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think many of these players will make important contributions this season. However despite I would let them all go at the end of it, it will enable us to reduce the wage bill and squad size significantly which will enable us to spend cash again investing in quality players of the right age to balance the squad and creating room for our good youngsters to flourish. 

Possibly keep Hudders for another year, release all the rest....

Archived