Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carnero said:

No mistakes this time.

Looks like 265 was a good score as it turned out.

Great to see Benny Slats form so far this season, could be a breakthrough year for him?

Yeah, Slaters turning into a good opener in both forms of the game, good to see.

15 minutes ago, Carnero said:

How many games is the group stage, 8 or 16?

8........., if only against Yorks.

Still one more win I reckon against Lancs, be nice to beat Notts though.

Thiz team can do it.

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

8........., if only against Yorks.

Still one more win I reckon against Lancs, be nice to beat Notts though.

Thiz team can do it.

Yes, let's hope that throwaway v Yorks doesn't come back to bite us!

On 29 May 2018 at 23:35, philmycock said:

Those free DCFC tickets ran out quickly, I smell bull****

Jesus, 250 people applied on the day the offer came out. I definitely smell BS although anyone with friends and family could have applied multiple times under each different DCFC account number.

I am shocked 250 applicants came through though. Only 3000 to 4000 go to the games.

Lancashire have set us 291 to win.

not a massive total, but we must still bat well.

one little gripe I have, Olivier with great figures of 2-38...off NINE overs. I’d argue he is our best bowler, so why would you leave him with an over left spare. Count your bloody overs Godleman.

57 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Lancashire have set us 291 to win.

not a massive total, but we must still bat well.

one little gripe I have, Olivier with great figures of 2-38...off NINE overs. I’d argue he is our best bowler, so why would you leave him with an over left spare. Count your bloody overs Godleman.

Most games the bowlers have not done the full 10 overs, guess it will help keep them fresh all season. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Most games the bowlers have not done the full 10 overs, guess it will help keep them fresh all season. 

In some of those games that was the right thing to do, but with Reece out, replaced by Broderick who can’t bowl and Wilson and Smit both playing, meaning we have left a bowler out for one of them, suddently the option weren’t so many. Hughes bowled a lot more overs than normal, and with Critchley being expensive, Madsen bowled more overs then I can ever remeber doing.

in such a big game, where a win could be enough to secure a top 3 finish, I don’t think one more over from Olivier would have killed him...anyway Godleman and Slater up and running again ?

Archived