Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got Them out this morning, but wickets of Reece & Madsen fall before lunch.

time for someone other than Madsen to step up, if we’re going to set them any sort of target.

watching the highlights on YouTube, Footitt was looking a bit tubby, no wonder Notts sent him out on loan.

Convincing defeat in the end. Frailties of the batting line up showed, for me Hughes is batting at least 2 places to high, Wilson and Critchley a place to high. Godlemans form is awful, don’t understand why he’s batting at 5 when he’s always been an opener?

id guess Viljoen has scored more runs than Hughes & Godleman combined so far this season.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:31, jimbo jones said:

Convincing defeat in the end. Frailties of the batting line up showed, for me Hughes is batting at least 2 places to high, Wilson and Critchley a place to high. Godlemans form is awful, don’t understand why he’s batting at 5 when he’s always been an opener?

id guess Viljoen has scored more runs than Hughes & Godleman combined so far this season.

We are a quality batsman light, haven't filled the void left by Thakor's disappointing departure, he gave such balance to the side being a batting all-rounder. As you say in the current set up players are batting one place too high.....

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are a quality batsman light, haven't filled the void left by Thakor's disappointing departure, he gave such balance to the side being a batting all-rounder. As you say in the current set up players are batting one place too high.....

Ahhh Thakor...what a Pratt. Was looking a very good player as well. Batting all rounders aren’t too easy to replace either.

Away from the excitement at Pride Park, a good 1st day in the cricket. 301-4 vs Durham. Madsen well set at the crease, means we have a good chance of full batting points, which is a rarity for us. Good to see a century opening stand from Slater & Reece.

contributions from everyone but Hughes who got a duck, his position at 4 needs looking at, he’s really struggling there.

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Away from the excitement at Pride Park, a good 1st day in the cricket. 301-4 vs Durham. Madsen well set at the crease, means we have a good chance of full batting points, which is a rarity for us. Good to see a century opening stand from Slater & Reece.

contributions from everyone but Hughes who got a duck, his position at 4 needs looking at, he’s really struggling there.

I think now Godleman has got a few runs, he may move up a place. We are Thakor and decent spinner from challenging for promotion.

A tough day today, with Derbyshire eventually securing a draw. I was boring the memsahib to death, telling her every over what Durham's required run rate would be should the last few Derbyshire wickets fall in the next over. Once it got up to double figures, I started to feel safe, so shut up about it.

Mark Wood led Durham's attack superbly - no Derbyshire batsman looked comfortable against him.

Thumping win over Warwickshire in the opening one day Cup game.

recorded breaking 357-8 with Godleman (137) Slater (69) Madsen (58) doing most of the damage at the top of the innings.

warwickshire bowled out for 300 in reply, really good stuff, hopefully we will see more of the same in the next games.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s great to see Slater starting to consistently churn out runs. A lot of young lads have come and gone the past few seasons, he’s really cemented his place opening the innings now.

It was a real pity he got out for 99 against Middlesex. I thought it might affect him mentally, but he has carried on regardless. He and Madsen have already churned out 700 championship runs between them.

I still think, bizarrely perhaps, that we are a batsman short at present. If a few at the top of the order fail we are a bit vulnerable, especially against the better sides. Would be good to get a big hitter in at the top of the innings in the 20/20 and there must be a place for Slater in the 20/20 this season too....great win at Warks, hopefully a repeat tomoz at Worcester.....

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I still think, bizarrely perhaps, that we are a batsman short at present. If a few at the top of the order fail we are a bit vulnerable, especially against the better sides. Would be good to get a big hitter in at the top of the innings in the 20/20 and there must be a place for Slater in the 20/20 this season too....great win at Warks, hopefully a repeat tomoz at Worcester.....

It’s a fair comment, Critchley has done fairly well batting higher up in the one day game, but it would be nice to be able to use him as a bit of a hitter at the end of the innings. 

An attacking batsmen to replace one of Hughes or Reece who are both batting medium pacers would be nice in a perfect world.

its nice to be nit picking after a big win ?

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s a fair comment, Critchley has done fairly well batting higher up in the one day game, but it would be nice to be able to use him as a bit of a hitter at the end of the innings. 

An attacking batsmen to replace one of Hughes or Reece who are both batting medium pacers would be nice in a perfect world.

its nice to be nit picking after a big win ?

I think if Smit has the gloves there is no place for Wilson as well so might free up a place for another batter....

Squeaky bum time today - at one time Derbyshire were comfortable on 160-1 after 33 overs, chasing 273 for victory. Then 3 wickets went down in as many overs and when Luis Reece followed them for 92, 80 was still required in 10 overs.

Enter Wilson and Hughes, and the pair basically steered Derbyshire home (Wilson was out with the scores level in the final over).

All in all, a brilliant day's cricket.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Squeaky bum time today - at one time Derbyshire were comfortable on 160-1 after 33 overs, chasing 273 for victory. Then 3 wickets went down in as many overs and when Luis Reece followed them for 92, 80 was still required in 10 overs.

Enter Wilson and Hughes, and the pair basically steered Derbyshire home (Wilson was out with the scores level in the final over).

All in all, a brilliant day's cricket.

Must be a joy to watch Derbyshire, both the weather and team are currently shining.

Archived