Derbyshire Cricket 2018

Jimbo Ram

Try to keep up with Derbyshire from afar, but usually find myself not recognizing half the names - still, hope we have a spanking good season, and enjoy your beers.

Clive Inman - now there's a name I recognize.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Try to keep up with Derbyshire from afar, but usually find myself not recognizing half the names - still, hope we have a spanking good season, and enjoy your beers.

Clive Inman - now there's a name I recognize.

Every match is streamed now. Get on it!!

1 hour ago, sage said:

Every match is streamed now. Get on it!!

Unfortunately, my 'broadband' speed is often a trickle. Who's streaming it (just in case, like)?

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Third Middlesex wicket went down just after you went. Excellent day - thoroughly enjoyed it. Derbyshire's pace attack looks quite fearsome.

The cricketer who I was on about earlier (I thought he scored 34 runs in an over for Leicestershire but I was wrong) was Clive Inman. It was actually 32 runs in an over (4-6-6-6-4-6). and a sequence of 50 runs in 10 balls at Trent Bridge against Notts. All good clean family entertainment, it went into the record books as the fastest first-class 50 of all time (8 minutes).

Certainly this pace attack looks to have more about it, than any Derbyshire pace attack in quite some time. I just hope, throughout the season the batsmen give them enough runs to work with:

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Certainly this pace attack looks to have more about it, than any Derbyshire pace attack in quite some time. I just hope, throughout the season the batsmen give them enough runs to work with:

How exciting is that to someone bought up on Holding, Malcolm, Newman, Mortensen, as well as the likes of Cork later. Sure I’ve missed someone else reasonably fast around that time.

14 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

How exciting is that to someone bought up on Holding, Malcolm, Newman, Mortensen, as well as the likes of Cork later. Sure I’ve missed someone else reasonably fast around that time.

DeFreitas as well.

ive really found our plodding medium pace attacks of recent years quite depressing. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

https://live.derbyshireccc.com/

Also live radio commentary on the official site, for lesser broadband speeds.

Thanks, but unfortunately neither audio nor video links are working for me (over 3 different browsers), and my speed's not bad today!

Working after lunch, and just seen last wicket. Olivier looks a bit sharp.

16 minutes ago, Carnero said:

What a brilliant Day 2 for Derbyshire!

A lead of 226 with 10 wickets remaining against the title favourites, can't ask for more than that.

Let's hope the weather holds and the boys finish the job now ?

Certainly better than the footie....

It was an excellent day (well, for the Memsahib and me) - slightly less so for Sage as he nipped to Pride Park for the Rams game. The rain was somewhat annoying as that meant we sheltered in the car and couldn't avoid the Radio Derby commentary.

One very refreshing aspect of the post-rain evening session - Middlesex bowled an almost incredible 25 overs in 75 minutes. OK, they used twirlies most of the time, but even so, remarkable all the same in this day and age - shades of 1960 and earlier. I presume they had heard just how good some Derby pubs are, and wanted to make the most of their time up here.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

It was an excellent day (well, for the Memsahib and me) - slightly less so for Sage as he nipped to Pride Park for the Rams game. The rain was somewhat annoying as that meant we sheltered in the car and couldn't avoid the Radio Derby commentary.

One very refreshing aspect of the post-rain evening session - Middlesex bowled an almost incredible 25 overs in 75 minutes. OK, they used twirlies most of the time, but even so, remarkable all the same in this day and age - shades of 1960 and earlier. I presume they had heard just how good some Derby pubs are, and wanted to make the most of their time up here.

That does make a nice change from test matches where the team behind the 8-ball would labour to 15 or 16 overs in that time, interrupted by 3 unscheduled drinks breaks!

12 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Bishop was fairly brisk at times.

PistoldPete2
35 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Day 3 looking good, incredible opening stand from Slater & Reece, gutted for Slater he went on 99. Now just a case of when the declaration comes and then over to the bowlers.

Rain is forecast sorry to say

Archived