What would be your expectations based on

IlsonDerby

A starting XI in the first match of next season that looked a bit like this...

1)

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne

Elsnik       Butterfield

Thomas                  Lawrence

Martin

Subs: Mitchell Bogle Pearce Huddlestone Guy Jerome Weimann 

Other players around the squad: Hanson(if new contract offered), olsson, McAllister, Ledley

Obviously your starting line ups may look different to mine.

But based on what we have available to us (assuming that there is minimal money in the pot)...

a) What would your starting line up look like?

b) What would your expectations be? 

a) I've gone for youth and technically gifted players (hence giving butterfield a second chance, always feel like he's good enough to keep the game ticking and is always good for 2/3 thunderbolts a season). 

b) I'd hope that we'd have enough there to be a competitive mid table side trying to break into the top ten by playing good football. 

RULES: 

You can choose any formation, and any players you want that are contracted to the club for next season.

NO 'NEW LB' 'NEW CM' it HAS to be players we have.

You can have an appendix at the end discussing who you'd like us to sign but it has to be realistic i.e. bargains OR you show where the money comes from. For me reverting back to 433 means no Vydra. I'd sell him hopefully for £12-15m and would aim to buy a good mobile young CM and another strong option for the wings to compete with Thomas, Lawrence and Weimann. Would also try for Sam Gallagher on loan to compete with Martin and remove a reliance on Jerome/Nugent. 

I would play the starting XI as often as possible, only changing when the odd player needs a rest, strongest team for every game including cups (will accept a change of keeper for cup games as they're unlikely to get a look in otherwise). 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

My expectations would be lower than this season  to be honest. 

You see this season the team selection Gary makes is ok with me. 

Okay fair enough. I'd swap expectations for a young, hungry squad who tried to play an intense game. I'm not expecting every pass to be on the floor but I'd like to see us attack with purpose. 

What would your starting line up be based on the players available? 4231 with same as this year? 

15 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay fair enough. I'd swap expectations for a young, hungry squad who tried to play an intense game. I'm not expecting every pass to be on the floor but I'd like to see us attack with purpose. 

What would your starting line up be based on the players available? 4231 with same as this year? 

Does that include loaned out players if so 

Carson /Roos / Michell 

Wisdom / Baird     Davies.    Keogh / Pearce / Shackell.      Lowe ( if Fit ). Forsyth , Olsson 

Thorne/ Huddlestone.           Hanson/ Elsnik / Ledley / Butterfield /Guy 

Wiemann  / Thomas                   Vydra / Palmer           Lawrence / Johnson / Gorden 

Lad at Grimsby / Walker / Jerome/ Martin / Nugent.

Clearly a lot of wheeling and dealing still required in August 

I really dont want to watch Rowett ball anymore. I support the club, however when i see a manager making excuses for old slow players with no quality (LEDLEY, NUGENT, JEROME,). Next season will be write off, 12th at best. If Vydra gets picked up by a better championship side or premiership team were all but done for. No goals or quality will be in the side. 

Just now, Edtheram said:

I really dont want to watch Rowett ball anymore. I support the club, however when i see a manager making excuses for old slow players with no quality (LEDLEY, NUGENT, JEROME,). Next season will be write off, 12th at best. If Vydra gets picked up by a better championship side or premiership team were all but done for. No goals or quality will be in the side. 

So what would your starting 11 look like for next season using the players at our disposal? 

My 433 certainly isn't Rowett ball!

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

So what would your starting 11 look like for next season using the players at our disposal? 

My formation and starting 11 doesn't matter it wont be replicated on the pitch as it would be deemed too attacking by GR and management. For me a lot of young hungry players were linked with us in the summer and January, However we chose to ignore them and go for slow poor players. Neves showed Huddlestone how its done last night, move the ball quickly. Ledley was non existent. Great midfield. Rowett says that he likes his wide men to defend well, If i was Lawrence i would tell him to Piss off. Lawrence is an attacker and wastes half his energy tracking back. If our full backs are not good enough to defend buy better.

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

1)

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne

Elsnik       Butterfield

Martin

Subs: Mitchell Bogle Pearce Huddlestone Guy Jerome Weimann 

Other players around the squad: Hanson(if new contract offered), olsson, McAllister, Ledley

Obviously your starting line ups may look different to mine.

But based on what we have available to us (assuming that there is minimal money in the pot)...

a) What would your starting line up look like?

b) What would your expectations be? 

a) I've gone for youth and technically gifted players (hence giving butterfield a second chance, always feel like he's good enough to keep the game ticking and is always good for 2/3 thunderbolts a season). 

b) I'd hope that we'd have enough there to be a competitive mid table side trying to break into the top ten by playing good football. 

RULES: 

You can choose any formation, and any players you want that are contracted to the club for next season.

NO 'NEW LB' 'NEW CM' it HAS to be players we have.

You can have an appendix at the end discussing who you'd like us to sign but it has to be realistic i.e. bargains OR you show where the money comes from. For me reverting back to 433 means no Vydra. I'd sell him hopefully for £12-15m and would aim to buy a good mobile young CM and another strong option for the wings to compete with Thomas, Lawrence and Weimann. Would also try for Sam Gallagher on loan to compete with Martin and remove a reliance on Jerome/Nugent. 

I would play the starting XI as often as possible, only changing when the odd player needs a rest, strongest team for every game including cups (will accept a change of keeper for cup games as they're unlikely to get a look in otherwise). 

I would expect that team to be in a relegation battle and probably go down 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

I would expect that team to be in a relegation battle and probably go down 

I can't agree. What makes you so sure? 

There's experience in defence and goal. There's proven quality. There's youth. It may be too much to challenge for the play offs but a top half finish isn't absurd if you look at the drivel in this division. 

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I can't agree. What makes you so sure? 

There's experience in defence and goal. There's proven quality. There's youth. It may be too much to challenge for the play offs but a top half finish isn't absurd if you look at the drivel in this division. 

I’m not sure there are enough goals in that team, as much as I like Martin he needs pace around him ala Bryson from a few years back. Butterfield isn’t good enough and Elsnic unproven. Thorne I’m not convinced will ever be the same again. I do like the defence though. But on balance bottom 6 

10 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Sadly I can't see a scenario which would enable Vydra to stay. I think we will sell for  a fee similar to that achieved for Tom Ince. 

On 12/04/2018 at 09:49, IlsonDerby said:

1)

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne

Elsnik       Butterfield

Martin

On 12/04/2018 at 10:17, IlsonDerby said:

Your starting XI is more a 4-2-3 if Butterfield is in the starting line-up

Carson

wisdom  keogh  davies  Lowe 

thomas  thorne  Butters Lawrence 

vydra Martyn 

The above would mean parting with Rowett and then warburton coming in and tell him your gonna buy Maddison ( I wish ) who would replace butters. 

Get shot off Forsyth, Bryson , shackell, Anya, Bent , Baird , Johnson, Blackman, ledley. (ledley harsh I know but eh , tough decisions ) 

1 in, 9 out surely uncle Mel can do this, if some don’t wanna go let them rot in the reserves ! 

Archived