Will we relegate Burton?

RamNut

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton had a pretty decent run in, a lot of teams around them that were 6 pointers or should be beatable but they don't seem to have enough quality to rise up to the challenge. Depends how they react to last nights mauling, but I'd say if we are professional we will ease it and they'll formally go down within days.

No Button will have relegated themselves during the course of the season. It was always going to be a massive task for them to stay up and if I was a supporter would be equally proud of their achievements as any other club in this division.Hope they bounce back next season and have enjoyed the ride in the championship. Sure Nigel will pull in a few low cost gems for them ,some thing we as a club appear unable to achieve.

PistoldPete2

I just hope we win. Burton have done well to avoid relegation before now , they will want to beat us anyway being local rivals in their eyes.

4 minutes ago, David said:

NIGEL Clough says he will have to send out a “patched up team” to face Derby County on Saturday.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/1104-injuries/

Bent ineligible and could be without Naylor, Brayford, McFadzaen, Dyer, Flanagan and Davenport.

Doesn't think he can name an 18, may have to register Reece Hutchinson a U18’s midfielder.

Mind games.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, David said:

NIGEL Clough says he will have to send out a “patched up team” to face Derby County on Saturday.

Bent ineligible and could be without Naylor, Brayford, McFadzaen, Dyer, Flanagan and Davenport.

Doesn't think he can name an 18, may have to register Reece Hutchinson a U18’s midfielder.

What about Shaun barker? 

CRUSH THEM! PUNY INSIGNIFICANT PUB SIDE FROM UP THE ROAD... 

Pulling ya p*sser of-course. What they've done to get into and compete in the championship is incredible. I hope they can come straight back like Wigan do rather than drop all the way a la Yeovil or a Plymouth. 

Now isn't the time to sympathize though we must be ruthless and go for the jugular. 

Derby go on to lose 1-0... Meh 

19 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We will not relegate Burton they have done that to themselves over the course of the season.

Sad to see them go.

Especially their appalling home record. 2 wins & GD of -28 :blink:

Hardly surprsing some of their fans are getting restless, even taking into account size of club etc etc

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, David said:

At least theyve got an U18 midfielder all ours are out on loan.

3 hours ago, David said:

In fairness of those only Davenport played the full 90 against Hull so I'm not as quick to call bs as I normally would be. It's probably come a game too soon for him to stick Sbarra and a few other youngsters in with nothing at stake, so if any of them are close to making it they'll be in.

Nigel has been playing the "we're doomed" card since pre season but I do wonder if his "I think we're done now" comments are a way of trying to get a rise out of the players. Really though, looking at their last local derby with us for probably a long time must surely want to put on a show for their fans, as almost a last memory of their time here.

Archived