Time to hit some form (its our turn)

plymouthram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Yawn. Change the record. Football in this division has changed remarkably since 2014. McClaren said so in 2016/17.

Secondly Cardiff are now on their way up thanks to a string of 1-0s with the occsional 2-1 thanks to goals in all different ways, often set piece headers or goal mouth strambles. They achieve this with a never say die attitude by being commited all over the pitch and being solid defensively. Our best resuilts this year are based on a solid defensive performance and utilsing space on the counter. Please do yourself a favour and dont ask for us to change our entire squad and personnel again just so we can have 90% position and do abolsutely nothing with it, while conceding shed loads ourselves on the counter. So much of the McClaren first spell was fortuatous in that the rest of the division werent used to that kind of football and hadnt worked us out. For his 2nd season, and his return we were largely terrible.

well, @Mr Tibbs and @Alpha summed up a similar response to your peculiar comment.

Derby will not win games with 53% passing success, 1 shot on target AND >40% possession unless there are freak events, such as missing penalties, or skying sitters from 6 yards, like Preston did in abundance.

For Derby to have a run, whether you admit it or not, they have to batter the opponents in a barrage of pressure. Derby were not as strong defensively as they were lucky in many games, and the fact Scott Carson was much lauded should tell you that! Form cannot last forever in itself, mindset and intent influence the change.

And for reference, this year in the league, Cardiff have scored 1 (lost), 4, 4, 0, 4, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1. ONLY 3 of those 1s were 1-0 wins!

McClaren's 1st season was groundbreaking in terms of re-igniting many Derby fans' passion for the club, 2nd season whilst not as entertaining was successful until injuries crippled us. His return saw us soar up the table from 5th bottom to 6th, all with positive intent, until something went a bit wrong.

3 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

image.png.d4173b39cb39899802cbfe63453b5cce.png Paired with this young lad

Who was it that posted up the end of season team photo over the weekend? The one with just the donkeys in.. Now that did make me laugh. :lol:

Quality football gallows humour.

Perhaps, I should not use quality & football in the same sentance.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Who was it that posted up the end of season team photo over the weekend? The one with just the donkeys in.. Now that did make me laugh. :lol:

You can use 'quality and football' in the same sentence Angry Ram, but 'quality and Rowettball' is a no:whistle:

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'll take credit for it. Needed something to cheer me up after witnessing 90mins of utter embarrassment :lol:

Please mods can we have the word Mac added to the swear filter ,,, surely I can’t be the only one that’s sick to death of constant harking back to the past now ,,,,,, it’s gone let it be ,,, cant we just deal with rowett now in terms of what he’s doing right ,what he’s doing wrong and what we would want to see him changing if anything or who we would want him changed for if that’s what anybody wants ,,,, jeez enough

28 minutes ago, archied said:

Please mods can we have the word Mac added to the swear filter ,,, surely I can’t be the only one that’s sick to death of constant harking back to the past now ,,,,,, it’s gone let it be ,,, cant we just deal with rowett now in terms of what he’s doing right ,what he’s doing wrong and what we would want to see him changing if anything or who we would want him changed for if that’s what anybody wants ,,,, jeez enough

Only if we are never allowed to mention any player, manager, result, owner or event from the past! 

Better still, just get over it. Ignore it. Or don’t be on a discussion forum. 

21 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff recently went 8 straight wins, Wolves had 7 straight wins a while back. Also Villa had 7 wins on the bounce at the turn of the year. Can we do it. The best we have this season was 5 wins on the bounce. It would it be best to just plod along getting the odd defeat and draws, win the rest and remain in the play off place after the Barnsley home match. Then go out and win 3 on the bounce.

Form is something that you have to work for. It's not something that just happens if you wait long enough. 

3 hours ago, archied said:

You'd be surprised how often it's those that slate him that bring him up first.

For example someone criticises Rowett and then you get someone defending Rowett by knocking McClaren. Eh? What's that about?

Like the usual ******** from Ninos and Jagerbob. Full of made up history and contradictions. I only mention Mac when I see garbage like that. Funnily enough they don't stick around to argue.

Just like earlier when it was said Rowett has had to do with Mac's poor signings. Again not true.

I enjoyed Mac's era. Made me arsed to go to games. And statistically it was good too. Historic in fact.

So when people talk ***** I'll pull them up on it. 

I mean come on. Our 14/15 season was largely terrible??! Nobody had seen decent football in the Champ before? Footballing sides don't get promoted??

It's total total rubbish. Like it can't even be an opinion when the facts are there! 

If I put "Rowett's signings have all been crap" wouldn't you set me straight? And that has more of a leg to stand on than that rubbish Ninos and Co talk. Not that it's true.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

You'd be surprised how often it's those that slate him that bring him up first.

For example someone criticises Rowett and then you get someone defending Rowett by knocking McClaren. Eh? What's that about?

Like the usual ******** from Ninos and Jagerbob. Full of made up history and contradictions. I only mention Mac when I see garbage like that. Funnily enough they don't stick around to argue.

Just like earlier when it was said Rowett has had to do with Mac's poor signings. Again not true.

I enjoyed Mac's era. Made me arsed to go to games. And statistically it was good too. Historic in fact.

So when people talk ***** I'll pull them up on it. 

I mean come on. Our 14/15 season was largely terrible??! Nobody had seen decent football in the Champ before? Footballing sides don't get promoted??

It's total total rubbish. Like it can't even be an opinion when the facts are there! 

If I put "Rowett's signings have all been crap" wouldn't you set me straight? And that has more of a leg to stand on than that rubbish Ninos and Co talk. Not that it's true.

You make good points and to be honest I’m just as guilty of falling into the trap of comparing them ,in fact I’ve just done it in another thread to argue against an opinion that’s just fantasy based and just doesn’t stand up 

15 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Yawn. Change the record. Football in this division has changed remarkably since 2014. McClaren said so in 2016/17.

Secondly Cardiff are now on their way up thanks to a string of 1-0s with the occsional 2-1 thanks to goals in all different ways, often set piece headers or goal mouth strambles. They achieve this with a never say die attitude by being commited all over the pitch and being solid defensively. Our best resuilts this year are based on a solid defensive performance and utilsing space on the counter. Please do yourself a favour and dont ask for us to change our entire squad and personnel again just so we can have 90% position and do abolsutely nothing with it, while conceding shed loads ourselves on the counter. So much of the McClaren first spell was fortuatous in that the rest of the division werent used to that kind of football and hadnt worked us out. For his 2nd season, and his return we were largely terrible.

Why is the alternative to  hoofball to "have 90% position and do absolutely nothing with it....(even better)....while conceding shed loads ourselves on the counter".

is that how it works? Gosh. Its a wonder either side crosses the half-way line.

9 hours ago, archied said:

The only reason for your request is the embarrassing contrast between the current football famine and what we previously had. As for what he is doing wrong  ROWETTBALL! is sufficient.

Archived