RamsTV Meets Archie Gemmill

David

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m looking forward to this one.

psssssssst! Come on Mr Hector! ??

et moi aussi. Archie achieved legendary status in the Derby dressing-room apparently for all sorts of reasons...but his cameo  role in Trainspotting makes him World famous and rightly so. :mellow:

33 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Really good again RamsTV. 

You should consider sticking the good stuff behind a paywall

No you shouldn't  Rams TV ?

Archie - one of the best Rams players ever and if we could mess with time etc the first one I would choose to make today's team immeasurably better.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

et moi aussi. Archie achieved legendary status in the Derby dressing-room apparently for all sorts of reasons...but his cameo  role in Trainspotting makes him World famous and rightly so. :mellow:

Interesting  but could have done without 15 minutes of forests European success thanks . hopefully a bit more about his championship years with us second part.   I got Archie to sign my trainspotting vinyl soundtrack a couple of years ago at a charity event for Mickleover Sports - reckon it must be the only one as he's actually not a fan of the film's content and though happy to sign a couple of shirts for my nephews  wasn't that keen till Roger Davies talked him into it.  He even added Argentina 78 on it .

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Interesting  but could have done without 15 minutes of forests European success thanks . hopefully a bit more about his championship years with us second part.   I got Archie to sign my trainspotting vinyl soundtrack a couple of years ago at a charity event for Mickleover Sports - reckon it must be the only one as he's actually not a fan of the film's content and though happy to sign a couple of shirts for my nephews  wasn't that keen till Roger Davies talked him into it.  He even added Argentina 78 on it .

You know he’s part of Derby legend and you cannot not like him for that but by all accounts a bit of a crabby barsteward. I love that you got him to sign the Trainspotting vinyl...inspired. One of the greatest bits of modern film clip meets one of the most famous and most-replayed World Cup goals of all time. Fantastic symbolic juxtaposition that is summed up by Archie’s triumphal little fist-pump as he turns to celebrate. Truely a wonderful metaphor for a moment of pure joy. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

...thought there would be. It all just figures... :mellow:

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

...thought there would be. It all just figures... :mellow:

When I met him he reckoned Derby were a much bigger club than Forest with a far better fanbase.  He also added that just because he was at a forum in Derby he always speaks the truth as he finds it and has said the same to Forest fans on a regular basis when asked the question . That made me chuckle .

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

When I met him he reckoned Derby were a much bigger club than Forest with a far better fanbase.  He also added that just because he was at a forum in Derby he always speaks the truth as he finds it and has said the same to Forest fans on a regular basis when asked the question . That made me chuckle .

Hey, good man Archie! I bet that makes him popular :mellow:

He also said Billy Bremner was the best player he ever played with?!?

at a brian clough clough tribute when the Damned United was an issue?

after that i decided i didn't really understand Archie.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

He also said Billy Bremner was the best player he ever played with?!?

at a brian clough clough tribute when the Damned United was an issue?

after that i decided i didn't really understand Archie.

Maybe he meant "toyed" with as in a cat and a mouse? ...think Archie's a bit of a one-off by all accounts...:unsure:

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Hey, good man Archie! I bet that makes him popular :mellow:

I once witnessed Archie being thrown out of the White Swan in Littleover many years ago, but he had done nothing wrong.

The landlord was a complete ****** who once threw me out for not handing him my pound note properly when I paid for my pint.

4 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I once witnessed Archie being thrown out of the White Swan in Littleover many years ago, but he had done nothing wrong.

The landlord was a complete ****** who once threw me out for not handing him my pound note properly when I paid for my pint.

Yes well I’m very particular about how somebody hands me their pound notes :ph34r: 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Maybe he meant "toyed" with as in a cat and a mouse? ...think Archie's a bit of a one-off by all accounts...:unsure:

Unfortunately not. I'd have had him thrown out.

Archived