Rowett - In or Out?

LE_Ram

Rowett - In or Out?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, robglosta said:

There’s not been one realistic name suggested as an alternative and the thought of a Pardew or Mowbray (or anyone else off the merry go round) doesn’t bear thinking about. 

Its Mel's job to come up with a replacement, not the fans. How do you know what he's willing to pay, a good salary helps. Who found all these foreign managers no-one had heard of, did the fans find them?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like you're not allowed to criticise our style of play, just stand and clap!!!

I get behind this team voiciferously every game and always will i love this club and spend a small fortune following us like the next fan but no one on here will convince me to like something that i don't like regardless of the results the football is very poor and its such a pleasure when on the odd occasions we do get it down and play its refreshing but there is not enough of it....GR is not managing a Burton or a Birmingham where survival  is paramount, He is at a club who expects more and surely our objectives are promotion and I don't have a problem with being more direct at times but if you watch the game how many times do you think...who was that too ??? yes we have been on a bad run but although we are 5th its hard to watch i'm afraid, i'm not saying at this stage get rid of GR but Mel needs to have a chat with GR and say lets try and play a bit more football....please!!! we have good players.

The football is dire and without a doubt the worst i have seen for some years and i don't care if this post gets berated and i get told we won 1-0 whats wrong with you we are 5th blah blah....what it won't ever stop me doing is being loud and getting behind the team on match days but i don't like watching our style of football its as simple as that anyone and i mean anyone can kick a ball long down the pitch...opening the opposition up with guile,skill and tactical knowledge is something else....When I've coached kids teams I've never said just lump it down the pitch , let the other team have the ball and let them dictate.... why would i ???? It is too late to change too much this season but please Gary raise the bar slightly and try to make us a tad more expansive or i think you may see attendances drop.

9 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

We had the lowest pass completion rate of any Championship team that played yesterday and 2 goal attempts in 90 minutes!.  Watching it, especially the first half, was excruciating.

very true :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

We had the lowest pass completion rate of any Championship team that played yesterday and 2 goal attempts in 90 minutes!.  Watching it, especially the first half, was excruciating.

My 5 year old great granddaughter goes to football training. She carefully explained to me that you have to try and kick to someone wearing the same colour vest, but it’s very hard to look where someone is and kick the ball at the same time! Acceptable in a 5 year old but surely professionals have had more practice?

Based on the performance of the last few games he's taking us to League 1 where we'll bore teams to death down there.

If the question is "after the last few performances does he deserve the sack" then I'd say no. 

But purely based on them he's just as bad as Nigel Pearson. A smashed free kick from Lawrence doesn't change that

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Based on the performance of the last few games he's taking us to League 1 where we'll bore teams to death down there.

If the question is "after the last few performances does he deserve the sack" then I'd say no. 

But purely based on them he's just as bad as Nigel Pearson. A smashed free kick from Lawrence doesn't change that

Many teams have struggled against Preston at Deepdale. .

Not an easy place to go. 

I'm delighted we got the 3 points yesterday. Rowett made some big changes and got a win. It was far from convincing though. Zero efforts on target from open play is unacceptable from a team in our position and with our quality. I'm curious what our highest string of passes was yesterday. We need to be controlling the game more. Making the opposition work for the ball. Not giving it away cheaply constantly.

Problem is that there is too many double standards with our fans. With mclaren, you get lovely 4-3-3 free flowing footballs but as time has shown it hasn't worked for us in the end and fans ask for mcclaren to go.

We asked for a different style of more direct strong aggressive football to grind us to promotion. The football may not be pretty but for the most part this season it merited results. The season isn’t over yet and I do believe we’ll be in the playoffs where ultimately, anything can happen. 

Fir the last few games and the playoffs let’s forget the noncense of sacking gr and get behind the team. We may well get promotion. Look at Huddersfield for example. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

12 minutes ago, Alex W said:

I don't think that's quite true, they drop points at home.

Mate it’s still a tough place to go. 

They were up for it just as much as us yesterday. 

Hope you can see it in your heart to somehow back Rowett just a little bit .

Both derby and Preston are kind of better at hitting on the break against teams that come at them which kind of made for a poorer game even if both teams weren’t struggling with confidence 

2 hours ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Problem is that there is too many double standards with our fans. With mclaren, you get lovely 4-3-3 free flowing footballs but as time has shown it hasn't worked for us in the end and fans ask for mcclaren to go.

The fans were not asking Mac 1 to go for footballing reasons. Yeah we tripped up but I could have gone on a little more watching that.

Double standards or just different opinions? You make it sound like everyone of us wanted direct strong aggresive football..

For me rowett has stopped the bleeding ,,, the football in the main has not been good to watch but in fairness there has been some games and spells in games where it’s been very decent and if we could produce it consistently I would be happy to watch ,,, we have scored some very well made goals ,, I honestly don’t believe that rowett is just wanting hoof I think he wants us being fast not knocking it around for the sake of it ,the problem is we don’t have enough players who can pass the ball well enough and that has dented those already limited passers confidence to the point where we at times look like that poor poor derby that couldn’t string two passes together we saw for years before clough junior/ mac1 era ,,,,

hudds and Baird apart and perhaps vydra when on it the rest struggle to pass a ball well at walking pace never mind at speed ,,, Hughes I hear you cry ,,,,, yep but I honestly don’t believe that rowett let Hughes go because he didn’t rate him as a quality player and I reckon if you turned the clock back rowett would have loved the Hughes that broke into our team 

39 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The fans were not asking Mac 1 to go for footballing reasons. Yeah we tripped up but I could have gone on a little more watching that.

Double standards or just different opinions? You make it sound like everyone of us wanted direct strong aggresive football..

McClaren going was a Mel Morris decibsion end of. 

Archived