The real problem

Mafiabob

I see all these threads regarding managers, players, fans etc........ Rowett hung himself out to dry tonight, but you know why and what I feel..... 

That was toxic tonight, I maybe care too much as well..... but you know my feelings to the current owner, and I don’t want to end up with the forum becoming libellous, but I think he’s fair game for the most criticism since 2015. 

We are only going one way with this owner in charge, and it’s the opposite of up. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I see all these threads regarding managers, players, fans etc........ Rowett hung himself out to dry tonight, but you know why and what I feel..... 

That was toxic tonight, I maybe care too much as well..... but you know my feelings to the current owner, and I don’t want to end up with the forum becoming libellous, but I think he’s fair game for the most criticism since 2015. 

We are only going one way with this owner in charge, and it’s the opposite of up. 

Says one thing and does another.

On Radio Derby prematch tonight, bemoans the waste bill (was wage bill, but sometimes autocorrect is apt!), after chasing promotion since he's been in charge, yet has previously stated that promotion was a by product of a 'rising tide of performance', rather than the ultimate goal. 

He stands in the South stand with Jono and the finance director tonight, enough, stop with the fookin gimmicks, stop deflecting blame onto the fans or past employees, just do your job as owner and make sure the people below you in the organisation do the same.

3 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Total PR disaster being in the stands tonight. Absolute cringe.

They must have a thought they were on a home banker

total pr Disaster - and they deserve the backlash

Beggars belief - can’t actually think about it....

24 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

His thinking must have been Sunderland easy win 

Unfortunately the players had those thoughts and despite what people think of the chairman, the so called professionals on the pitch are the ones who are letting everyone down. 

We were better off with the american owners & clough the mac part one 

stabilised the club financially, had some good young player and everything seemed promising now we have an average age of 30odd & a massive wage bill. Mel morris might as well have got a time machine & took us all back to the jewell days id be made up if he went 

Don't understand the problem with MM, he has backed the Manager financially throughout his tenure, upgraded the training facilities to premier league class.

He employs people that on paper have all the attributes of doing a fine job, same with the people above Rowett.

10 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Don't understand the problem with MM, he has backed the Manager financially throughout his tenure, upgraded the training facilities to premier league class.

He employs people that on paper have all the attributes of doing a fine job, same with the people above Rowett.

It does however look like we’ve been financially miss managed & that is down to him. Its ok backing managers but some of the business we have done is unforgivable   

9 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Did he stay til the end?

No he went and cancelled the players wages going into their accounts this week instead of getting paid they are going to give the fans that turned out there money back.. and a free ticket to the Bolton game :( 

10 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We were better off with the american owners & clough the mac part one 

stabilised the club financially, had some good young player and everything seemed promising now we have an average age of 30odd & a massive wage bill. Mel morris might as well have got a time machine & took us all back to the jewell days id be made up if he went 

In some ways one can understand Mel's current reactionary thinking. He has backed a string of managers with transfer funds and he is now looking down the barrel of another end of season melt down. Not necessarily in terms of the position in the league, but in the abject performances. If even half of the player acquisitions had been successful I don't think Mel wouldn't be talking about scaling things down. Also it's likely that the $am Rush dealings will be affecting the chairmans view of football club financing.  

18 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Totally agree.

We could be a lot worse off than we are - only have to look down the road at Forest.

He’s still learning and it must be very hard to not let your emotions take charge when you are so passionate about a club but I don’t doubt that he’s got better.

For me the scouting and training/fitness at the club is the problem.

Why did we sign Jerome when you look at Fletcher up front for Sunderland tonight (granted he’s on loan from Middlesbrough who probably wouldn’t have loaned him to us), surely there’s better prospects out there that could have done a job.

Also what fitness programmes do our players follow? How long has Steve Haines been in charge of player fitness and conditioning yet I’ve not seen a fit Derby team in many many years. Sunderland were 10 times fitter tonight and we’ve had 3 weeks off!

Archived