The real problem

Mafiabob

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We've got ourselves to the point where we need a Nigel Clough MK2 job needed. Thing is, throughout that time, the total unequivocal "he's our guy" throughout the dire runs, the yanks out stuff, the Tommi cywaka stuff.

Just need to stick with something even if it's a bad season or two.

What about that bloke Rowett at Birmingham?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think we as fans (myself certainly included) need reminding of this more often. All I wanted from us at the beginning of this season was to see a clear change in style/mindset, and to be pushing for the play-offs - not battling for second!

This was always supposed to be a transition year. Hopefully with another summer under his belt, Rowett with have this team in shape. 

We’ve transitioned into a team which probably needs rebuilding again this summer though 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

We’ve transitioned into a team which probably needs rebuilding again this summer though 

It's a fair point. Pretty incredible that we are somehow now due for ANOTHER rebuild, but the powers that be have cocked this team up yet again. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I disagree. 

We are in good hands with Morris, but I feel his trust has been misplaced in a number of people and that we're paying the price for it now. None of us more so than him. 

We weren't better off consistently mid-table, with no real chance of promotion...etc. As bad as this season is, we're still doing better than we ever did under Clough. In all honesty, if we reverted back to those years now then I think Pride Park would be Jacksonville Pt 2. 

Even though i agree that his heart (and wallet) are in the right place and he clearly wants what is best for the club, isn't it Mel's job to appoint the right people. If he can't do that then is he really the right owner for the club?

I've never understood his strategy or rapidly and repeatedly replacing one manager with the next one, who invariably prefers to play a different style of football, requiring different player.  Why on earth did he think that was a good idea?  Managers should have been appointed to suit the players that we had, or at least if we wanted to change our style, then pick one style and stick with it.

I never wanted Rowett or his practical dull football at Derby. I worry about our younger talent trying to break through and learn their trade in a Rowett team.  But now that he is here, it doesn't make any sense to get rid of him, as he hasn't really had enough time to fully implement his brand of football yet.

In hindsight, I think  Mel should have gone after Jokanovic after McClaren was sacked first time round.

Mel's wants what is best for Derby, but to date his decision making ability (in football) seems decidedly suspect.

3 hours ago, Highgate said:

Even though i agree that his heart (and wallet) are in the right place and he clearly wants what is best for the club, isn't it Mel's job to appoint the right people. If he can't do that then is he really the right owner for the club.

Mel's wants what is best for Derby, but to date his decision making ability (in football) seems decidedly suspect.

A non-progressive football manager trying to reduce the wage bill and playing staff operating at the edge of FFP, sounds familiar? Groundhog Day more like. And you try and convince me we've made any progress under Mel Morris.

5 hours ago, Charlie George said:

The time to dissasemble the whole job lot was when Pearson arrived.What went in there we'll never know but that fella should have been allowed to carry it out fully.

I don't think Pearson was the man, but the time was probably right. I hated Pearson but in hindsight we'd probably have been better off if we had. We'd have been like a Rowett by now.

Archived