Internet shopping

Angry Ram

Is it all that?

Is it any cheaper? I guess somethings might be cheaper on Amazon but if you want something from Argos, it’s the same price as in the shop.

I have a steady stream of DPD drivers coming to my house everyday brining various garments for little Angry.. Most he then has to take to the post office to return or some central collection point. Might of just been easier to buy the bloody thing in a shop and get the right size and fit first time. So my question is... Does it save any time, it’s just as much hassle sending everything back.

Would you buy an item of furniture on line? White goods? Shoes? 

Are we just told it’s easier and cheaper and we’ve all just swallowed a load of tosh..

I expect the first reply will be from Grimsby :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Is it all that?

Is it any cheaper? I guess somethings might be cheaper on Amazon but if you want something from Argos, it’s the same price as in the shop.

I have a steady stream of DPD drivers coming to my house everyday brining various garments for little Angry.. Most he then has to take to the post office to return or some central collection point. Might of just been easier to buy the bloody thing in a shop and get the right size and fit first time. So my question is... Does it save any time, it’s just as much hassle sending everything back.

Are we just told it’s easier and cheaper and we’ve all just swallowed a load of tosh..

And I wouldn't live in Grimsby rent free :whistle:

51 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Is it all that?

I’m here Angry don’t worry, was on the toilet!

Online shopping is bloody brilliant.

Got to be honest, Internet shopping is my preference. Stevenage, the nearest town, is full of skanks that the sight of sickens me. 

I don’t expect people to get dressed up to the nines to nip into town but it would be nice if some of them at least changed into clean clothes. It seems less and less people have pride in their appearance.

Internet shopping is a skank free zone and for that reason, I’m in. :thumbsup:

We buy almost everything online.  I think the only actual shopping we do is for kids shoes and occasional top up runs to Sainsburys!

This week alone I've bought a new pair of trainers from Amazon, a bedroom unit from Ikea, some new clothes for the kids from Next, dog food and light bulbs from Amazon and Far Cry 5 from Steam (all online).  Its ultra convenient, time saving, usually cheaper and much less hassle than traipsing round shops - won't be to much longer before I never have to leave the house :p

We also have our own online business that has been doing very well for the past few years, without online shopping my life would be very different!

quite lucky that for the last few years, I've done all my clothes shopping on lacoste, mainline or oxygen clothing, and their sizes are spot on so everything I've bought has been as ordered and expected. The only problem I've had was buying some brogues for a tuxedo James Bond type outfit, where they sent a size 9 and size 7 shoe! But they corrected it the next day.

i've bought my washing machine from AO, my fridge freezer from Currys online, my treadmill from Argos online, my spin bike from Amazon.

Looking around my living room, my TV, my Soundstage, my hi fi, and my bluetooth speakers were bought in store (Currys), but all smaller gadgets, Bose headphones, and various other things like cables etc, all purchased online.

We have an Ocado smart pass so get groceries weekly. The parcel men know my movements, they know when I’ll be in (which is a bit weird). In the last month we’ve bought pillows, a bag, a dress, jeans, dog food, birthday cards,make up and that’s just some of it. I hate shopping malls with a passion. Derby is the city of my birth but I no longer like it or even feel safe there. I’ve been once in a year. Our fridge freezer came from AO, iPhones come online direct from Apple, Bose speaker direct from Bose. Won’t do shops unless I have no other choice. 

Never liked internet shopping. You order something off a web site that appears as good and looks better value than what you can get at the market you normally use. But when it finally arrives after waiting ages for it to be delivered, it's nothing like what was promised in the sales blurb and not as good as you were hoping for. You also find out that due to the small print you can't return it and you're stuck with it for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Stevenage, the nearest town, is full of skanks

The old town is nice, and Coda is the best guitar shop anywhere. I got my current amp from them online. I buy second hand stuff from them with complete confidence. 

By most of our stuff from work @Angry Ram,will usually scour the net for offers if anyone wants anything.

Not very often I go shopping,I’m with @Pearl Ram last time me and @Mrs Cone went into Sheffield City centre we were put off by the people doing crack pipes outside John Lewis and the City Hall.

Have some respect and bugger off down to Primark and Wilco’s please.

not a big fan of online shopping because i live in a flat so it's a hassle to get stuff delivered. work in city centre so it's easier just to go wherever after work and i like going in to town at weekends so not bothered.

when amazon takes over all retail theyll jack the prices up anyway.

Sith Happens

I think a lot of stuff is cheaper online, but its convenience most of the time which makes me do online shopping. We have our food delivered now and while there are occasionally issues, it certainly beats a saturday morning trip to morrisons.

Not quite the same but one of my biggest issues with online shopping, and i suppose this is from personal experience, is insurance such as car insurance or home insurance. When this was in its infancy and I was working in the insurance industry a lot of insurers were rightly really nervous about it.

When I started in insurance you had to learn about insurance before you were let anywhere near doing a quote or insurance policy, now someone can go on line and buy one themselves, insurance companies knew it would cost money as people would get stuff wrong, which they did and do, but insurers had no choice but to follow suit.

People get stuff wrong all the time doing it themselves, you only have to look at sites like money savings expert forums to see people asking 'do they need to disclose this conviction', or 'do i need to tell them about that accident etc', my view is if you have to ask you shouldnt be trying to do it yourself. Even many of the responses are wrong, advice like 'one speeding doesnt matter so you dont need to tell them about that' etc.

Even the main money savings site gives out advice on making changes to your occupation description (tweaking) can save you money, but how do you define a tweak, how far do you go, when does it stop being a tweak and become being deliberately deceptive to obtain a cheaper premium?

Then of course new policies are bought in through the compare type sites which insurance companies discount to buy policies in, then of course people find it hard to understand why at renewal their price on their renewal letter is more than it is on the same comparison site.

Archived