England squad for the Holland & Italy game..

Mr. P

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Should do a Steve Smith on him. Drop him for ever :thumbsup:

I'd forgive anyone most things  in the heat of battle .. We all have red mist but Lordy Lordy it looks so calculated... I must be weird or naive (or both) but I can't imagine doing that 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling has impressed me tonight, young too, nice having the possible security of a older and wiser head in the side..... I’d be tempted to start him and make him captain 

Sith Happens
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Too long but that was a penalty, clumsy by tarkowski who hasn’t impressed me particularly. Shame, we’ve been the better team.

Clear and obvious error though? 

I don't think thats a pen but if it was the other way around we'd all be going mad if it wasn't given just because we're football fans.

Been coming anyway, we've been rubbish since the subs. The first and last 20 of this match have been dominated by Italy, whilst I think we've played alright inbetween we've been let off the hook few times previous to the pen. 

PistoldPete2

Why is it that video evidence fails in football but it works in cricket? In cricket you only get a decision overturned if the on field decision is wrong .. it’s the same rule in football so why doesn’t it work?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Too long but that was a penalty, clumsy by tarkowski who hasn’t impressed me particularly. Shame, we’ve been the better team.

Townsend saying ‘he didn’t adjust his stride to make the tackle’, like he’s got a PhD in gate analysis. Always makes me laugh. 

It was one where, if the shoe was on the other foot, and the ref didn’t give the penalty, I wouldn’t exactly be shouting at the tv that it’s a terrible injustice. So Italy can think themselves pretty lucky there I think. 

VAR is a shocking system. That's never a penalty. I've seen so many errors with it already I'd be tempted to scrap it. We didn't deserve to draw tonight, we deserved a win. That being said, is Marcus Rashford the most overrated footballer on the planet? I've not seen him do anything in an England shirt for a long time, and apart from the odd good performance he overall looks pretty woeful to me. Sterling my MOTM.

Archived