England squad for the Holland & Italy game..

Mr. P

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most baffling selection for me is Joe Hart. I knew he'd be in the squad but it makes no sense at all.

Dropped by West Ham for most of the season and on his game back makes an absolute howler. Even when he was first choice at Man City he wasn't anything special.

Don't really rate Ben Foster either but would rather have him in the squad. (Would play Carson over all of them but not going to happen).

England have more than enough players to carry the piano this summer, but who are the three who are going to play the damn thing?

Kane has the capability surely, but then who? Alli? Not on the recent showings. Sterling? Has had a good season, but surrounded by the best team in the league... slim pickings ain't it.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

England have more than enough players to carry the piano this summer, but who are the three who are going to play the damn thing?

Kane has the capability surely, but then who? Alli? Not on the recent showings. Sterling? Has had a good season, but surrounded by the best team in the league... slim pickings ain't it.

pianoIRVNG1004_468x324.jpg

Possibly worthy of its own thread, but ill stick it in here. 

I see Englands new doctor has been a client of Mo Farahs and he supplied supplements that made him a better athlete.......

Dr. Rob Chakraverty seems to have suffered the same problem as the sky doctors, ie forgotten to write down what he has prescribed and to whom......

Theres a good article on Mo Farah in the Irish Independent today by Ewan McKenna. 

14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Possibly worthy of its own thread, but ill stick it in here. 

I see Englands new doctor has been a client of Mo Farahs and he supplied supplements that made him a better athlete.......

Dr. Rob Chakraverty seems to have suffered the same problem as the sky doctors, ie forgotten to write down what he has prescribed and to whom......

Theres a good article on Mo Farah in the Irish Independent today by Ewan McKenna. 

He'll need to be a witch-doctor to get that squad to a high performance level :lol:

Danny Welbeck is a sick joke. That donkey had only scored two goals since September prior to his penalty and rebound tap-in against Milan. 

He's been outsocred this season by at least seven other English forwards, so why is he even in the squad. He's awful.

Give me a 34-year-old Glenn Murray over him anyday.

Agreed, he was worth a shot 3/4 years ago when he was still maturing but he's just as raw and reckless at 27 as he was 10 years ago. I don't see what he gives us. We've got bags of pace in Vardy and Rashford who are both better footballers and finishers than Welbeck. 

Demari Gray, Solanke, Lookman, Calvin-Lewert are younger and worth a punt more than Welbeck. They're the future, so why not give them a chance now whilst we're without Kane. 

Archived