Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teamsheet is baffling, with all our skillful creative dangerous attacking players dropped, other than Lawrence. Every fan I know wants to see Palmer start to bring mobility and threat in midfield and better link it with the forward line, to give us verve and pzazz. All the things we ought to need for a positive playoff campaign. Let's hope Rowett knows best as we are close to the last-chance saloon now.

All we can do is get behind this team and hope the power that is there overwhelms Cardiff. Come on you Rams!

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I really hope this comes off, whatever the plan is... The decision to leave Vydra and Palmer on the bench will just add salt to the wounds if we look as lacklustre tonight as we have recently

He’s doing it on purpose we’ll be 1-0 down at half time Cardiff will think their set for top 2 then he’ll make a double change Palmer and vydra on and we’ll go on to win 3-1 he has a plan ;):( 

Gary will NEVER play attacking football. We need to get over this, he is a manager that likes to be strong (although we haven’t) defensively and then nick a goal. He will always play it cautious regardless of whether we are home or away. I personally think that Cardiff are garbage and have only done well because Warnock has created that siege mentally, very much like us under Davies. Gary should of let the handbrake off tonight and played a very attacking team but he hasn’t. 

I’ve backed Gary but had growing concerns since Christmas ,,,, tonight’s line up has just about broken my spirit ,,,, ffs what kind of team is that ,,,??? He has to my mind been showing signs of perhaps the job being too big for him with stranger and stranger decisions and tonight ? It’s clement at Fulham away all over again 

6 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Why no Bogle, Thomas or Thorne for the U23s last night then, in their crucial battle against the drop? For some reason I thought that we might see Wisdom as one of the three CBs tonight and Bogle in at right wing back. A real curve ball, to surprise the opposition and delight the fans.

No idea why I was kidding myself about something so patently ridiculous.

Playing Bogle tonight would have been stupid. Having him make his professional debut in such a big game would have been exceptionally risky, both for us and him.

I think he wants to get sacked. I assume he’s had enough, but won’t resign and miss out on a big pay off. So he’s picking the team over the last few games to piss off the entire fan base, the owner and players too. I seriously cannot think of a more logical explanation for this imbeciles team selections

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Might be a decent shout. Villa fans preached to us that weimann was better as a central striker. It force us to keep the ball on the floor and play through the pitch. Looks like it’s 90 minutes of smashing the ball to Jerome, him losing the ball then us defending.

They preached about playing him on the strikers shoulder, which is where it looks like he’s playing tonight. 

18 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No, because our season could be over. Not only is he playing 5 at the back at home again, which failed miserably at the weekend, but he’s dropped the leagues top scorer and brought in the worst player in our squad 

Again let's scrutinise it after. Might be the wrong decision.

Archived