Fans Forum 13th March

Message added by Day

3 hours ago, NoLoRam said:

CAN SOMEONE ASK WHY OUR SCOUTING TEAM IS MADE UP OF MCCLAREN'S SON AND MEL'S STEPSON AND IF THEY THINK THERE IS ANY CORRELATION BETWEEN THAT AND OUR DIRE RECRUITMENT RECENTLY.

Ask them in capitals.

Are they scouts or do they work on the analytical side of things?

Don't know the answer but I thought it was the latter.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NoLoRam said:

CAN SOMEONE ASK WHY OUR SCOUTING TEAM IS MADE UP OF MCCLAREN'S SON AND MEL'S STEPSON AND IF THEY THINK THERE IS ANY CORRELATION BETWEEN THAT AND OUR DIRE RECRUITMENT RECENTLY.

Ask them in capitals.

Joe McClaren is head scout and came back with his father but in his own right is highly regarded in the game as both a scout and analysis.

So has the recruitment been dire since he came in,we have bought in  Huddlestone,Davies, Lawrence,Nugent,Wisdom,Jerome,Winnall and Palmer I may have missed one or two more.Non of which barring Jerome whom the jury is still out on has been what could be called a failure, you can also add the likes of Luke Thomas,Lewis Walker and Jayden Bogle who were with the first team on Sunday.

The recruitment team is.

Recruitment

Head of Senior Scouting & Emerging Talent Development - Joe McClaren

Head of Technical Scouting - Jon Howard

Head of Emerging Talent Recruitment - Harry Croft

Head of Academy Recruitment - Chris Perkins

Head of Local Recruitment - Jamie Smith

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

How do you ask a question for tonight? Where do you send them etc etc? Email? twitter? what?

At these fan forums they usually start off with Colin Gibson asking a few questions, then they take questions from the audience. There isn't any other way of submitting questions.

The Supporters Charter Meetings which this forum is part of, questions can be put forward to the club. We have a topic which goes up around a week before the meeting to collect the most popular questions, the top 3 to 5 with most likes on we submit for the meeting. 

2 hours ago, David said:

At these fan forums they usually start off with Colin Gibson asking a few questions, then they take questions from the audience. There isn't any other way of submitting questions.

The Supporters Charter Meetings which this forum is part of, questions can be put forward to the club. We have a topic which goes up around a week before the meeting to collect the most popular questions, the top 3 to 5 with most likes on we submit for the meeting. 

i thought i read somewhere that they would take questions sent in from online.... maybe the facebook live thing will allow that.

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Anyone there?! Only looks about ten people!

Maybe there is a 1500 fan adjustment in that number?

Interesting fans forum tonight, no catering questions unfortunately, but one of the best, if not the best to date.

Colin Gibson was rocking the new "fog" Apple Watch strap, one that I've had an eye on myself recently. Rowett's fashion sense is clearly starting to rub off on to the RamsTV staff which isn't a bad thing when you look at some of those suits Owen Bradley has been dusting down this season.

A forum that should end Mel's itchy finger hovering over the eject button thinking, sharing a joke and handshakes at the start with Rowett being the clubs longest ever serving manager tomorrow which will mark a year in charge. Mel even said at the end that regardless of the results this season, Gary would have been our manager next season. 

Questions were also asked of us as a fanbase, are we ready to lower expectations if we was to bring through academy players? They don't believe we are, hard to disagree with them to be honest, when you look at the players being suggested we should sign (Ashley Young earlier today) and the reactions to other clubs signings, for example Mitrovic.

Rowett touched on signings again, in the summer our hand was somewhat forced with some signings, Ledley on a free after Kieftenbeld deal fell through. Curtis Davies, they were looking at another player, 25 years old, but felt overall Davies would offer more. Grant Hanley was 25 years old last summer, 2+2= 3746454 possibly, we was linked with him a fair bit though.

Mel also mentioned that we offered £3m for one player, the club turned round and said we want more as it's Derby County, they then sold the player for £2m to another club. That's the difficulties the club is working with.

Stephen Pearce spoke of clubs starting to feel the bite with FFP, some are talking and holding focus groups about changing the rules, Derby don't want to, and we won't being a club that flaunts the rules. Forget any ideas of us sticking 2 fingers up to it.

One that may ruffle some feathers is both social media and the media over the past couple of months, bottlers, wheels falling off, say it enough times you start to believe it, all it takes is a couple of players to read it and gets in their head.

I have argued this on many occasions, footballer's have the internet, to think what we say online behind keyboards goes unnoticed is very naive. That's not to say we shouldn't be critical ever, just be mindful that it does get seen.

Archived