Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

12 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not strange at all. Weimann was simply trying to lend his fellow pros at Reading a hand as they couldn't get near Palmer all afternoon.

As for Hudz, he understands that Keogh's always got a mistake in him and his actions were merely preemptive / preventive.

Also as Gary said in his post match interview Weimann was tying his boot lace and left the man he should have picked up free to shoot and score.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Some strange things yesterday were when Weimann tackled Palmer. Then Huddlestone stuck him hand out and stopped the ball going to Keogh. 

Weimann seems eager to prove himself and good on him, but that Palmer's ball by rights

51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

My comment was purely in reference to the first part of the twitter post, the part that was about that game, since that’s what I assumed @coneheadjohn wanted to know about, I’m sure he and all of us know the last part is ******** over the course of the season. Should have made that clearer and for that I apologise if it made me look like I believed we were a “terrible terrible team”, but frankly I was pissed off on a bus and couldn’t be arsed to write any more

True,and my apologies for causing a row.But I find it better to get a spread of opinions from fans who went.

And both of @86 points and @Millenniumram are posters whose opinions I would find informative.

I took the Reading fans tweet with a pinch of salt but I didn’t go.

Right or wrong @Millenniumram you certainly made me smile yesterday and smiling is underrated?

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well said. I was a big McClaren fan and loved his first tenure . Even last year when he came back he gave the players a lift but wasn't able to sustain it with the team he had. I was sorry to see him go but prepared to give Rowett a chance.

Our early season performances did little to inspire me but I feel that the football has gradually got better over the season.

You mentioned Tom Huddlestone but I have also enjoyed Davies' and Keogh's defensive assurance, Vydra's all round play (which is now about so much more than 'just' scoring goals) and even Carson's saves.

Lawrence and Palmer look to be on each other's wavelength already so I am still more optimistic than not for the remainder of the matches to come. Even when we are not playing well we are always competitive and hard to beat and that will serve us well in the closing stages. 

Is it perfect? No, of course not. But I am still of the opinion that there's a lot to appreciate and look forward to this season.

Yes Angie .. and totally agree about Vydra .. he is a real hungry terrier dropping deep to get the ball and creating things - I'd venture to suggest that he has improved as a player in the last 6 months in addition to the goals scored. . Keogh and Davies have been brilliant together, Carson has made a number of top top saves at crucial moments. 

I don't think we have the flank play balanced yet ( both defensively and in attack ) but Lawrence will get a big boost from his goal and Palmer is something very handy to have in the locker. It is a pity George is misfiring but I'd like to think he is still young enough to get back to where he was. 

I don't go to away games but next Saturday I will be fired up and full of anticipation for the game hoping with a fair degree of confidence that I will be entertained. 

37 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Some strange things yesterday were when Weimann tackled Palmer. Then Huddlestone stuck him hand out and stopped the ball going to Keogh. 

28 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not strange at all. Weimann was simply trying to lend his fellow pros at Reading a hand as they couldn't get near Palmer all afternoon.

As for Hudz, he understands that Keogh's always got a mistake in him and his actions were merely preemptive / preventive.

14 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Also as Gary said in his post match interview Weimann was tying his boot lace and left the man he should have picked up free to shoot and score.

I think my explanations are more plausible....

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

True,and my apologies for causing a row.But I find it better to get a spread of opinions from fans who went.

And both of @86 points and @Millenniumram are posters whose opinions I would find informative.

Right or wrong @Millenniumram you certainly made me smile yesterday and smiling is underrated?

It's me who should apologise for being such a miserable old **** and to that end I kind of have via PM. No real need for my attitude since I'm always banging on about us all being Derby and all.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Haha always out to make people smile mate, you’re certainly someone who deserves that:thumbsup: That row has been resolved via PM, as I said I’m never out to start a massive arguement unless a poster really is a blantant WUM!

I have not read any posts on here yet but I went yesterday and my basic observations- Reading put the ball in behind our full backs all day and also the centre halfs at times which we dealt with badly but they were quick out wide and we weren’t 

Reading we’re poor at the back but again we didn’t look great going forward so it was a surprise we scored three because first half we were pedestrian and but for twenty minutes in the second half we would have nothing 

Palmer was by a long way our best player with wieman also doing ok in my eyes for most of the game unfortunately we took palmer off for a fresh Johnson who looked awful 

jerome - if we were hoping that he was going to do more running than Chris Martin then we can forget that yes he had one good shot and headed against the bar when maybe he should have scored but we are simply banging the ball up to him which is fine with ten minutes to go but not from the first minute 

As we stand Vydra and Palmer are our most likely goal scorers but I wonder if we can actually start the pair of them with our current set up.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

Only recent league game they have won was against Burton. Other than that, they have been terrible recently. We should really be beating teams like them if we want to go up.

Yep Leeds and Reading were dreadful in defence which tempers our goals scored and in fairness we have been the same in both games from what I have seen

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

See my subsequent post for what you ACTUALLY SAID as opposed to what you're trying to infer now that you said. Herein lies the problem. Just stick me on ignore pal as you're not going to quit the mealy-mouthed rubbish and I'm not going to stop being irritated by it.

Guys, we all support the same team, lets move on from this

Archived