Heckingbottom appointed Leeds head coach

Day

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether you feel he will have any longevity at Leeds (and we all anticipate that he won't) - this was a necessary move for him. You got the impression that he couldn't take Barnsley any further - there is a limit to them. Last season he over performed and this season is a more accurate reflection on where they should be. I suspect you only get opportunities like this once and he did have to take it. Naturally, as it is the dirties, I hope that he lives to regret it.

1 minute ago, Aries Sun said:

I've read somewhere he just recently signed a new contract extension with Barnsley and he's already gone from there.

A strange decision, but he probably knows what's best for him.

2nd February he signed a new deal, guess it shows how quick these things can develop. Probably cost Leeds a fair bit extra than it would last week

2 hours ago, David said:

2nd February he signed a new deal, guess it shows how quick these things can develop. Probably cost Leeds a fair bit extra than it would last week

Little under 500k the release clause apparently 

7 hours ago, KentRam said:

Regardless of whether you feel he will have any longevity at Leeds (and we all anticipate that he won't) - this was a necessary move for him. You got the impression that he couldn't take Barnsley any further - there is a limit to them. Last season he over performed and this season is a more accurate reflection on where they should be. I suspect you only get opportunities like this once and he did have to take it. Naturally, as it is the dirties, I hope that he lives to regret it.

Thing is, he will never regret it but you’re right on opportunities like this once.

On current form he will last no more than a year and knowing Leeds will trouser at least £1m in compensation; so for all Barnsley being peeved, Heckingbottom is not in the slightest bit bonkers, he’s just guaranteed his family financial security if he never works again in Football.

Leeds are the gift that keep giving, specially to Managers.

Barnsley not best pleased: https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/club-statement-heckingbottom/

"The Club are shocked at Paul Heckingbottom’s desire to leave, having agreed a new contract with Barnsley Football Club last week following the completion of the January transfer window, where the Board of Directors worked tirelessly along with Paul to secure their targets, resulting in a successful window."

Leaving appears to have put the club in a real pickle,especially  straight after the transfer window in which i assume they brought in a few players . I Can understand the ambition to go forth and manage a bigger club, but how long and much does he expect to achieve at lufc? Do feel sorry for Barnsley fc and their supporters and to some degree the players he has just brought in. However clubs very rarely show any loyalty towards their managers as he will now discover at leeds.

Just hope they are in a real mess when we play them?

5 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Monday morning at the Leeds board meeting.
''Reet lads, wiv 'ad mickey took out of us for too long, what club needs is a world class proven winner tha knows.'
''Well chairman, thez this bloke Heckingbottom''.........

"Is he from yorkshire?"

"Aye...yorkshire born and yorkshire bred....strong in the....tackle and big in the head. He drinks Yorkshire tea, and he loves his whippets"

"Gerrim in!"

Archived