Lawrence had big hand in all 3 goals

Curtains

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Thank you. He's not worth seven million, not at the moment anyway, that's just the supposed amount Derby agreed (eventually) to pay for him. Lots of talk that it was nearer £4.5m but that might not include add ons, promotion clause etc

That is so wrong.  

He is worth every penny you will see. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been overly impressed by his start with us but am ok to give him some time before making any firm judgements on him as a player , I like that he never hides and keeps trying to play positively , I trust rowett s judgement and I reckon rowett feels he is not doing massively poorly and that game time and good coaching will bring him on

2 hours ago, curtains said:

That is so wrong.  

He is worth every penny you will see. 

Read the post properly. The words "at the moment" are key. We may or may not see in the future whether he is "worth every penny". We all hope that he will be. My opinion at the moment is that he's too inconsistent. 

16 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Read the post properly. The words "at the moment" are key. We may or may not see in the future whether he is "worth every penny". We all hope that he will be. My opinion at the moment is that he's too inconsistent. 

That’s the thing mate I think he is worth all of the transfer fee at the moment. 

I really rate Tom Lawrence and I am So glad he is a Derby player. 

11 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Sometimes he's inconsistent and sometimes he isn't.

Regrettably it is probably the expectation that is causing the problems.  I expect that he should deliver a greater percentage of crosses accurately.  I expect that he will create goal scoring opportunities for him or his colleagues at least once per game.  I expect that such opportunities will be converted at least once every 3 games.  I expect that he should frighten the krap out of the other sides defenders,

Maybe that is unrealistic so I am interested in alternative views

Before he was injured he was starting to look like the player I expected.  He is getting back to that sort of performance but it is a gradual process.  He will be a game winner just please hurry up.

from the very little I saw of Palmer I reckon he could be a handful.  The 2 of them on form, phew 

Archived