Lawrence had big hand in all 3 goals

Curtains

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Lovely floated corner for the first. 

Great through run and shot  for the second. 

Great pass to Winnall for Penalty. 

Unlucky not to score himself with a terrific shot. 

Other than that he was bloody awful.

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Lawrence is marmite, you either love him or hate him.

I believe he’s had the most assists this season?? We need to get behind the lad... but not in a homo way.

Aye 6 assists. And he's accrued an average rating of 7.18 on whoscored for the season (our 4th highest rated player - although the rating system doesn't really work for GKs so he's probably in truth 5th).

I don't think he's playing poorly. I think he makes incredibly bad decisions at inopportune times and onlookers project those decisions on his overall performances.

I maintain, there is no player in this team who frustrates me more than Lawrence - but he's not playing poorly.

EDIT: For some context on the rating, 7.18 is the same as Tom Ince's average rating last season.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Aye 6 assists. And he's accrued an average rating of 7.18 on whoscored for the season (our 4th highest rated player - although the rating system doesn't really work for GKs so he's probably in truth 5th).

I don't think he's playing poorly. I think he makes incredibly bad decisions at inopportune times and onlookers project those decisions on his overall performances.

I maintain, there is no player in this team who frustrates me more than Lawrence - but he's not playing poorly.

He is along with Vydra the most likely to create or score goals. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

He is along with Vydra the most likely to create or score goals. 

Statistically that's not quite true - but not far off. I'd say the create side of your statement is true, he's not at all likely to score goals.

David Nugent's been involved in 9 goals (6 goals, 3 assists),

Bradley Johnson joins Lawrence on 8 (4 goals, 4 assists for Johnson; 2 goals, 6 assists for Lawrence)

Winnall and Weimann are on 7 involvements.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lovely floated corner for the first. 

Great through run and shot  for the second. 

Great pass to Winnall for Penalty. 

Unlucky not to score himself with a terrific shot. 

I like Lawrence but he’s sort of stuttering. That Terrific shot was directly at the keeper and at other times he can set up Vydra and others easily but chooses a harder more selfish option. Just saying. He needs to worry less about getting goals and focus more on making the best final decision. His runs, dribbling, and energy levels are good.

Our best attacking player, Vydra, was involved in all 3  goals too btw ... interchange led to ikechi winning the first of the corners which led to second and then he was key in all the others.  And tracked back winning balls on top of it.

Just now, OohMartWright said:

He was steadily improving before he was injured, got knocked back by the injury and is steadily improving once again. Confidence is clearly a major factor with him and I believe we should keep the faith with him. If he's good enough for Rowett then he's good enough for me.

Keep  the faith .

No need he’s already earning his stripes at Derby  

Just now, Ninos said:

I like Lawrence but he’s sort of stuttering. That Terrific shot was directly at the keeper and at other times he can set up Vydra and others easily but chooses a harder more selfish option. Just saying. He needs to worry less about getting goals and focus more on making the best final decision. His runs, dribbling, and energy levels are good.

Our best attacking player, Vydra, was involved in all 3  goals too btw ... interchange led to ikechi winning the first of the corners which led to second and then he was key in all the others.  And tracked back winning balls on top of it.

Vydra wasn’t directly involved with the first goal after the restart for the corner but I think he won the corner. 

If Lawrence had missed that Vydra sitter set up by Jerome the moaners would have been out in force. 

One that can’t be disputed is that Lawrence’s free kicks have been awful the vast majority wide and over the bar and very weakly struck as well and if Vydra doesn’t fancy it we might as well let Huddlestone smack it or if Baird is on the pitch let him do it

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Statistically that's not quite true - but not far off. I'd say the create side of your statement is true, he's not at all likely to score goals.

David Nugent's been involved in 9 goals (6 goals, 3 assists),

Bradley Johnson joins Lawrence on 8 (4 goals, 4 assists for Johnson; 2 goals, 6 assists for Lawrence)

Winnall and Weimann are on 7 involvements.

I know what you mean but hey I know what i mean. 

Lawrence would always be in my Derby team from the start of games. 

Just now, Sparkle said:

One that can’t be disputed is that Lawrence’s free kicks have been awful the vast majority wide and over the bar and very weakly struck as well and if Vydra doesn’t fancy it we might as well let Huddlestone smack it or if Baird is on the pitch let him do it

his set pieces of late have been very poor. All the more annoying is when he rarely puts in a good corner etc. we do something with it. We know he can!

I think his confidence is building though.

Those set pieces and his getting dispossessed (no-one gets dispossessed more often per game than Lawrence) is what frustrates me. But he also provides more Key passes per game (1.5) and successfully dribbles past players more often per game (2.4) than anyone else, so he's unequivocally a competent offensive outlet for us.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

EDIT: For some context on the rating, 7.18 is the same as Tom Ince's average rating last season.

Reminds me on Giles Barnes in that regard.  Decision making let him down too...

He'll become more consistent over time.  I think he's still stuck trying to justify his price.  If we'd only paid £2-3m for him, he wouldn't get anywhere near as much stick...

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Vydra wasn’t directly involved with the first goal after the restart for the corner but I think he won the corner. 

If Lawrence had missed that Vydra sitter set up by Jerome the moaners would have been out in force. 

Not really. Vydra gets a pass but it’s not to say that he shouldn’t be finishing those chances. Vydra has missed three sitters in three games ... so what? ... he’s also the most lethal finisher in the league ... Lawrence has been somewhat wasteful and needs to focus on being provider rather than choosing the shoot option every time - contrast to Keogh who needs to shoot !!! Lol

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Not really. Vydra gets a pass but it’s not to say that he shouldn’t be finishing those chances. Vydra has missed three sitters in three games ... so what? ... he’s also the most lethal finisher in the league ... Lawrence has been somewhat wasteful and needs to focus on being provider rather than choosing the shoot option every time - contrast to Keogh who needs to shoot !!! Lol

Don’t even think about thinking I’m not Vydras biggest fan. 

I am just making the point that I rate Lawrence and even though he sometimes gets it wrong he also gets alot  right. 

Archived