Curtis Davies

ram93

On 4 February 2018 at 13:04, ram93 said:

Best 500k we've ever spent?! He was immense yet again yesterday, and hardly put a foot wrong all season. I can't remember the last time we had a solid centre back pairing like this.  Great buy from Gary, and I think if it wasn't for Vydz being on fire this season he'd get pretty close to winning Player of the Season.

You do realise that his name is really Kurtis Daweis and he is the German Centre back of legend  :ph34r:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to hold my hands up on this one and say I got it massively massively wrong and he has left me with egg on my face.

At the beginning of the season I thought he looked awful, assumed he was old, past it and legs had gone.

Turning out to be a fantastic signing. Very rarely loses a header and his reading of the game is excellent. Think his distribution has improved throughout the season too.

Well done Curtis Davies for making me look a knob.

16 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Was one of the people unsure of him at the start. Can only call it how you see it and he's improved a hell of a lot since then as have the team as a whole.

me too but you have to hold your hands up ,we were wrong no problem with that ,it's the one's who don't own up that have the problem

16 hours ago, jono said:

You do realise that his name is really Kurtis Daweis and he is the German Centre back of legend  :ph34r:

Do you know many Curtis or Kurtis' in Germany? Popular name is it?

Ive never seen one.

as for Dawies als einen Nachname... again i havent seen a single one!

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Do you know many Curtis or Kurtis' in Germany? Popular name is it?

Ive never seen one.

as for Dawies als einen Nachname... again i havent seen a single one!

Twas merely a jest.

My German extends as far as Achtung Spitfire and Donner un blitzen schweinhund. And curiously because of a school play about 50 years ago I can recite in German from memory the first 2 verses of Die Lore-Ley by Gedicht Von Heinrich Heine :ermm:

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Twas merely a jest.

My German extends as far as Achtung Spitfire and Donner un blitzen schweinhund. And curiously because of a school play about 50 years ago I can recite in German from memory the first 2 verses of Die Lore-Ley by Gedicht Von Heinrich Heine :ermm:

Sounds amazing...

my brief research tells me the german equivalent of Curtis is Kurt.

Kurt Schumacher , Kurt Zouma (I know hes not german before you have a go!)

most popular surnames in german apparently come from trades of fathers and ancestors... they dont seem to have the whole son of whoever. Davies origins comes from son of David apparently.

16 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Sounds amazing...

my brief research tells me the german equivalent of Curtis is Kurt.

Kurt Schumacher , Kurt Zouma (I know hes not german before you have a go!)

most popular surnames in german apparently come from trades of fathers and ancestors... they dont seem to have the whole son of whoever. Davies origins comes from son of David apparently.

you do know he's not German - Cannot believe that you thought this! Ridiculous comment, remove him from the forum immediately 

Archived