Guess the Mystery Ram

SaintRam

Niall has nearly 40 million followers on Twitter. It will seem ridiculous to many but by that measure he's 185 times more popular than Derby County. By being the second most prominent member of One Direction (sorry Niall if you're reading this!) he's by default a global popular culture figure. He's in Dubai for work. The day before he'd been chatting with Gary Rowett on Talk Radio so it's not a massive leap of the imagination to think they'll each have discovered they'd be in Dubai and for Gary to suggest Niall drop in on a session, or for Niall to ask Gary if he could. 

The lad's a lifelong fan. Some on here criticize that Derby show a bit of love to a famous supporter, but also criticize him because Chelsea helped with his rehabilitation when he needed it and was London based. Get over yourselves. I want our club to be globally popular. It helps Derby to achieve that by having an association with Niall; there is nothing in it for Niall except that he loves the club. 

For whatever reason Anya isn't in the first team plans, but that's not stopped us getting into the automatic promotion places. It's sad for him but hasn't been disastrous from a footballing perspective. It's idiotic to say this has anything whatsoever to do with Ikechi. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Niall has nearly 40 million followers on Twitter. It will seem ridiculous to many but by that measure he's 185 times more popular than Derby County. By being the second most prominent member of One Direction (sorry Niall if you're reading this!) he's by default a global popular culture figure. He's in Dubai for work. The day before he'd been chatting with Gary Rowett on Talk Radio so it's not a massive leap of the imagination to think they'll each have discovered they'd be in Dubai and for Gary to suggest Niall drop in on a session, or for Niall to ask Gary if he could. 

The lad's a lifelong fan. Some on here criticize that Derby show a bit of love to a famous supporter, but also criticize him because Chelsea helped with his rehabilitation when he needed it and was London based. Get over yourselves. I want our club to be globally popular. It helps Derby to achieve that by having an association with Niall; there is nothing in it for Niall except that he loves the club. 

For whatever reason Anya isn't in the first team plans, but that's not stopped us getting into the automatic promotion places. It's sad for him but hasn't been disastrous from a footballing perspective. It's idiotic to say this has anything whatsoever to do with Ikechi. 

This x 100. Top post Carl. The green eyed monster has a lot to answer for!

I have had a drink or 2 on a few occasions with him when he has been over...

Cannot express how much of just a normal lad he is ... First time we had a drink in the players lounge and was talking football as you do and a fair few fan girls kept coming up asking for photos and his autograph etc ... Felt sorry for him as we were just talking Derby as you do and you could feel he just wanted to talk football. I know part and parcel of the job but still we all need our time out ...

I also remember setting the flag up at Peterborough away and he called me from the main stand waving away! Was funny! He really wanted to be in the stands with the fans but just not possible for him unfortunately. To make him feel worse when we went on the epic hour of Dale Cavese throughout half time I called him so he could listen in...

Just a normal Derby lad with a famous job. Never stopped him supporting the Rams but naturally his job has restricted him attending much these days.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's idiotic to say this has anything whatsoever to do with Ikechi. 

Totally!  All he's doing is wearing a pair of bloody shorts for his pen. practice against Carso (some of them weren't too shabby either!).  They happen to have a number on them.  So bloody what?!? Could have been GT's number and I wouldn't have given it a second thought. 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Better to have this guy associated with the club, than that div with the massive schlong...

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

I have had a drink or 2 on a few occasions with him when he has been over...

Cannot express how much of just a normal lad he is ... First time we had a drink in the players lounge and was talking football as you do and a fair few fan girls kept coming up asking for photos and his autograph etc ... Felt sorry for him as we were just talking Derby as you do and you could feel he just wanted to talk football. I know part and parcel of the job but still we all need our time out ...

I also remember setting the flag up at Peterborough away and he called me from the main stand waving away! Was funny! He really wanted to be in the stands with the fans but just not possible for him unfortunately. To make him feel worse when we went on the epic hour of Dale Cavese throughout half time I called him so he could listen in...

Just a normal Derby lad with a famous job. Never stopped him supporting the Rams but naturally his job has restricted him attending much these days.

Ermmm you forgot to mention he loves The Clash and likes to give it some welly!!!!....and just like you and me he loves Derby County Football Club and that's always good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why can't it be both? Shouldn't teenage girls across the world also be massive Derby fans?

I’d rather they didn’t… it was internally frustrating enough overhearing some going on about ‘the new Derby manager Will Hughes being in the stands’!

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ahhh so thats why your soo keen on a Premiership return this season!!!!

All makes sense now.

I'll look out for you with your half an half scarf and your Russian and Chinese tourist fan mates when we get to the promised land!

3 hours ago, cannable said:

I’d rather they didn’t… it was internally frustrating enough overhearing some going on about ‘the new Derby manager Will Hughes being in the stands’!

And I would rather people didn't stereotype who makes a good 'fan'. My friend's daughter, who just happens to be a teenage girl, can hold her own, and probably better most, in her understanding of football.  

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

And I would rather people didn't stereotype who makes a good 'fan'. My friend's daughter, who just happens to be a teenage girl, can hold her own, and probably better most, in her understanding of football.  

Your friend’s daughter is there for football and I’d hazard a guess has a connection to the city, community and the club.

As opposed to being there for Niall...

Ok so this is my sis and bro pre QPR game when Man City won their first Prem title. Now she is 60 next month and to reference angie I have to say she will out sing out shout and out drink (given the opportunity) any fellow football supporter..... Equal rights for women I say!,

63064F60-D996-42B5-BFE6-8F40F3148EF6.jpeg

42 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Ok so this is my sis and bro pre QPR game when Man City won their first Prem title. Now she is 60 next month and to reference angie I have to say she will out sing out shout and out drink (given the opportunity) any fellow football supporter..... Equal rights for women I say!,

Yeah but can she handle her Charlie?

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Quite right! My first season at The Baseball Ground was 74-75 and I was a teenager then. I went to Alfreton Town before then, me and another female from age 13. We went to watch the footy. 

But no matter how you get drawn into the game, it's a good thing.

Archived