Rams best goalie of all time

Brammie Steve

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in Newcastle to see Arthur's return to the north east.  Gallowgate sang Arthur on to the pitch and shilton off it. Arthur asked for shilton's shirt after the match. Best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen.

Mart poom was my idol growing up, has his name on my back and got years of bulling from primary school kids saying 'if you take the m off it says poo which is what you are' not bitter now I'm 25 im over it...

carson definitely comes close though and on form should go to the World Cup... he won't but there's not 3 English goalkeepers in better form than he is at the minute.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Shilton.....

I agree that there are few who could approach Shilton in his heyday at Leicester and *****t but, unlike Frannie Lee, Charlie George and Dave Mackay he did not maintain that form for the Rams.

Barring his tragic accident I would've loved to see Banksy between the sticks for the Rams.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

It is difficult to separate them - we have been blessed with a number of top class keepers. I am going to add Les Green (from Cloughie's early days) into the mix, if only for that absolutely brilliant save from Jimmy Greaves when we wupped Spurs 5 - 0!

Regarding Les Green, he was amazing for a little un! Cloughie asked him if he could touch the crossbar when he signed him. I think he could swing from it. We drew 4-4 with Man U on a Boxing Day and Clough refused to let him into the first team again as he was hung over from the day before! (Les, not Brian). This let in the great Colin Boulton.

I’d say has to be Boulton, only because not only was he playing at the top level at the time, but he played at a level that won us 2 titles. 

Of the others Poom was a classy international keeper, Shilton was a legend but past his best exploits. Carson is probably in the best form he’s been in for years if not ever, hopefully he will be right up there at or better than Poom’s level next year.

Archived