Bradley Johnson injury - cracked bone in his back

Jack Willow

Bradley Johnson is seriously injured and will be absent for a longer period of time. 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bradley-johnson-injury-derby-county-1048521

Rams boss Gary Rowett says it is difficult to put a timescale on midfielder's return to action.

Derby County midfielder Bradley Johnson has cracked a bone in his back, manager Gary Rowett has confirmed.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gary-rowett-transfer-plans-derby-1048850

Derby County boss Gary Rowett could look to strengthen his midfield options in this transfer window with Bradley Johnson and Joe Ledley out injured.

It looks like Gary Rowett will be forced to search for a new midfielder after all.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

What a shame. I have a feeling that not having him further up the pitch will make away victories a little harder to come by. 

Let's hope that he's not out for too long. 

A centre mid and a beefy wide option could be on the cards.

If reports are to be believed. We are trying to offload a beefy wide option. Jacob Butterfield SOS. (steal owls songs) 

I like johnson but lets be fair he’s rubbish at DM so no real loss there. We have thorne & huds at DM. hanson will probably be back up while ledley is out and get game time 

could look to loan an attacking midfielder where johnson does look decent however worst case we do have bennett back as cover  

16 hours ago, RamNut said:

Pity we can't get bryson back - better player anyway.

16 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Disagree.

Totally different styles of midfielder, do different things in different ways.

I'm a Bryson fan and would like him back but he couldn't really partner Huddz in the 2 and he's not going to be ahead of Vydra or Lawrence in the advanced role.

Johnson has the strength of Bovril made with three tea spoons of the stuff and the will of the warrior, just happens to have feet made of brisket...

Archived