Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

And ta keep seyin  the players are tired....cmon it's their job. Never heard such a crock of *****. They wanna get a real job 12 hours a day..... seyin they are tired is a poor excuse..... I'm afraid if they get promoted they will have to have higher energy levels week in week out. 

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think the game had stopped a good few seconds before, don’t think it was contentious or anything either. Wasn’t even a disallowed goal......

Game had stopped but Keogh looked well onside, probably wouldn’t have scored but Looked an appalling call by the Lino on that side, one to add to his collection in that game.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Game had stopped but Keogh looked well onside, probably wouldn’t have scored but Looked an appalling call by the Lino on that side, one to add to his collection in that game.

Still don't remember it at all.

7 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

dunt understand those substitutions.... like it's been sed wrong place and time... ..i know I'll get slaughtered but we really ain't in that league... I fear if we go up. 

I was surprised that man utd weren't streets ahead. I thought we surprised ourselves with how well we could compete.

but those subs?...grrr.,...feeling quite pissed off about the managers over cautiousness v sheff utd and man utd.

Queue the abuse.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because he isn’t good enough for a starting place above others. 

I thought he played well. Tbh

subbing winnall, lawrence, and russell really did have an effect though.

39 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

And ta keep seyin  the players are tired....cmon it's their job. Never heard such a crock of *****. They wanna get a real job 12 hours a day..... seyin they are tired is a poor excuse..... I'm afraid if they get promoted they will have to have higher energy levels week in week out. 

They’ll have 8-9 less games...

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

So where’s Chris Martin. 

Could have brought him on.

can't imagine how depressing it must be for him.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

What’s the point of bringing Hanson and Bennett on ? 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Maybe there is some pressure to show progress with the u23s / academy players.

I don't want to be negative but this wasn't the time or place.

we'd given ourselves a great chance to snatch it, but the subs swung in their favour.

Before his injury earlier in the season Bennett was our most dangerous wide player (Lawrence hadn’t signed by this point). He was finally starting to show some substance rather than potential so quite clear why Rowett would try and bring him into the fold in a game that was a sideshow to the rest of the season...

It was a sideshow because as good as we did in limiting them we were never going to beat Them. They’d have had to have underestimated us for that to happen which wasn’t going to be the case after their exit to Bristol in the league cup... 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Before his injury earlier in the season Bennett was our most dangerous wide player (Lawrence hadn’t signed by this point). He was finally starting to show some substance rather than potential so quite clear why Rowett would try and bring him into the fold in a game that was a sideshow to the rest of the season...

It was a sideshow because as good as we did in limiting them we were never going to beat Them. They’d have had to have underestimated us for that to happen which wasn’t going to be the case after their exit to Bristol in the league cup... 

Bennett is less strange than hanson

i think he pushed george forward by bringing hanson on but vydra is better in that role. Over cautious.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

IMO 

Bennett and Hanson are being played because they came through the academy. 

Neither are good enough yet Chris Martin a proven International who has served this Club well is denied the chance of coming on at Old Trafford and a loanee who Sam Winnall is preferred.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Bennett is less strange than hanson

i think he pushed george forward by bringing hanson on but vydra is better in that role. Over cautious.

I get bringing hanson on with ten minutes to go and the chance of a replay. 

The problem was taking Winall off for Vydra. Vydra isn’t a lone striker and this meant we lost our presence in Manus half. 

Archived