Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Can't stand parsnips.

Oh Eddie can we start afresh? I don't want to upset you with my little shenanigans. 

I do know who the players are really, i have heard of Mason Bennett, I've even shook his hand while Clough was here. I know who the manu players are too - I just pretended I didn't so i could make a joke about Mhktarian being Scottish. And last week when I upset you during the Sheff Utd game (I said I should replace GR as manager because he didn't sub fast enough), i didn't mean that either... I really like Rowett and I don't think I could do a better job.

Sorry you've taken these little sillys the wrong way - most people just ignore me :)

I mean no harm x

7 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I just don't really understand the urge to gloat over beating a team that has about two percent of your annual revenue!?! 

I fail to understand too. Then again the way Man City are at the moment, Man Utd fans have to celebrate as much as they can whenever they can. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't do much for us?

It did to a degree. We may not have been promoted (yet, hopefully though) but we have generally been competitive since we decided to spent more after Clough went. I don't have the numbers infront of me but I'd guess most teams promoted to the Premier League have access to greater wealth than those that don't.

Of course it is possible to spend unwisely and make mistakes but if you have deep enough pockets (this being the key factor) and spend enough over a prolonged period I'd argue it does a club more good than harm from a competitive perspective.

It's basically why the same handful of clubs win all major competitions every year...

1 minute ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

... but we have generally been competitive since we decided to spent more after Clough went. I don't have the numbers infront of me but I'd guess most teams promoted to the Premier League have access to greater wealth than those that don't.

We were more competitive without spending post-Clough with Mac, surely?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were more competitive without spending post-Clough with Mac, surely?

As a general rule of thumb though (and again it's a guess) I'd say we have been a pretty consistent fixture in and around the top six over the last four or five years. I know we have had blips and downturns along the way but we were rarely a million miles away.

I'm not saying spending guarantees anything at this level but it probably makes you a better bet is all.

24 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Oh Eddie can we start afresh? I don't want to upset you with my little shenanigans. 

I do know who the players are really, i have heard of Mason Bennett, I've even shook his hand while Clough was here. I know who the manu players are too - I just pretended I didn't so i could make a joke about Mhktarian being Scottish. And last week when I upset you during the Sheff Utd game (I said I should replace GR as manager because he didn't sub fast enough), i didn't mean that either... I really like Rowett and I don't think I could do a better job.

Sorry you've taken these little sillys the wrong way - most people just ignore me :)

I mean no harm x

Come on parsnip,show some balls

Never apologise,never back down!

Can't keep everyone happy,it's my mantra to keep no-one happy (according to Mrs kash, anyways)

???

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Enjoyed that. Is he really only 32?

Few miles left on the clock, look at Buffon. Contract is up next summer, one we should be looking to renew asap. What a signing he's been for us!

Archived