Don’t get too cocky just yet !

Cockney Jimmy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned long ago that if you ever get too confident, gobby, cocky or whatever then Derby will almost immediately balls it up.

I'm like a trappist monk at the moment.

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Welcome @Cockney Jimmy.  Although I'm from Ilford and therefore an Essex boy, this lot on here probably think anyone from inside the M25 is a cockney.

Mardy gits ?

Any inside the M25 is clearly a cockney. Personally I'd extend  that to anyone south of junction 14 on the M1 and east of junction 16 on the M4.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

What have we got to be cocky about ? The window’s been open hours, no ins, no outs, we’re ill prepared, slow off the mark again, everything will no doubt be done last minute.com, shambles.

Thought Bent and Anya would have at least packed a suitcase?

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The reason we stuttered after Christmas in previous years was lack of energy due to team dieting to shift extra weight so stuff that. Today I'm going to have two pies and see what that does!

Only two mate? You sure you're not on a diet? :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

It was a full moon last night! The tea leaves stayed in the bag, a Magpie chased the black cat under a ladder and I have 13 steps in the house!!  Derby will NOT NOT NOT falter this new year.

Damn, the missus just opened an umbrella in the house and I can't find the salt to chuck over my shoulder. It's all going to go pear shaped afterall

Love it 

On the 'lets not get cocky' thing, I reckon the equal challenge is not to get in the mindset of 'lets not **** this up'.

No negative thoughts, no over-confidence. 20 games. One at a time and give our all. We end up where we end up.

On 01/01/2018 at 09:35, Angry Ram said:

Welcome mate... The locals get a bit mardy (I think that’s northern for pissed off) from time to time with us Cockneys. 

Ive got yer back if it all comes out on top. :lol:

You don't have the word 'mardy' in the sarf?

Archived