Steve McClaren quits Tel Aviv/Sheff Wed next manager?

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How the hell does he keep getting these jobs. 

A season at Boro and the 13/14 here, other than than hes an absolute failure of a mananger. Stick to coaching

FC Twente

Looks like Steve is about to become Wednesday manager.  I wish him the very best of luck (providing it's not at Derby's expense in the play off final). I hope he gets a good reception from Rams fans.  Regardless of whether you are a big fan of his or not, or whether you thought it was right to sack him or not, he worked hard at Derby and helped bring us some good memories. 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-sheffield-wednesday-derby-984431

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42501105

30 minutes ago, K14 said:

McClaren is a good fit for Sheffield Wednesday. I wish him well. They've got a good squad and are comfortable playing possession based football. 

I don't see how he' a good fit for Wednesday ? That squad has an overload of central midfield players , none of which ate really holding (Tom Lees maybe ) no real wide forwards , more traditional wingers. No galavanting full backs and no holding striker. The squad is so anti McLaren it's unreal. I think he will need to ship out 5 and bring in 5 to be anywhere near the squad he will want. 

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Short memories and fickle fans. Should have gone up first season and the second season crippling injuries crisis cost us. Played the best football I have seen since the Smith days. Good luck to him and the wendies

Or realistic memories from realists , played superb football for 12 games then what ? 

13 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Short memories and fickle fans. Should have gone up first season and the second season crippling injuries crisis cost us. Played the best football I have seen since the Smith days. Good luck to him and the wendies

Spot on.

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Or realistic memories from realists , played superb football for 12 games then what ? 

You are having a laugh. 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

How the hell does he keep getting these jobs. 

A season at Boro and the 13/14 here, other than than hes an absolute failure of a mananger. Stick to coaching

Maybe that's what Sheff Wed are after, a decent coach who can take charge of their underperforming players. The guy makes playing fun again, and during both spells at Derby he had a solid record.

Sheff Wed have some decent footballers there. I can see why they'd go for him.

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not many more ! And second time around how many standout performances can you remember ? 

Listen in GRs games people remember a passing move with Thorne and Martin - you're asking us to pick out which Mac games are really stand out?! :lol:

14 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not many more ! And second time around how many standout performances can you remember ? 

The second time around he took over a mess of a squad and organised it to the extent we went from third bottom to fifth...

His mistake was trying to change too much in January.

35 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The guy makes playing fun again, and during both spells at Derby he had a solid record.

Sheff Wed have some decent footballers there. I can see why they'd go for him.

Have you Ignored the second time around at Twente. The sins at Wolfsburg and Forest, Oh and the Newcastle tenure on purpose? :)

Huge Mac fan from his time here but he can go forth and multiply if he ends up there. Won't be getting any good luck messages from me.

Anywhere that isn't in direct competition with Derby I'm all for him doing well.

Archived