So what if.....

RamNut

We get offered £20m for vydra in january?

Prem teams must be looking at the championship top scorers and contemplating bids.

Swansea, stoke, palace, west brom, brighton?

what would you do? Take the money? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£20m and a loan back till the end of the season.

Vydra should be replaceable with that money and a few quid left over, the question would be is it a position which Rowett has players on a list stored away for a rainy day?

If not, that sale could derail this season, even if he has would they hit the ground running?

£20m is nice, but so is that Premier League money.

As Rusty said, let’s hope nobody does come in for him and postpone these dilemmas till the summer.

Interesting.

i'd turn it down as it would ruin the season.

if it got to £25m though it would get tricky. 

I wonder how much hughes would cost now? Or James Wilson??

No sale ,,,,,,, get the impression vydra wouldn't be forcing our hand for prem move this early ,, I get the feeling he likes playing for rowett and will fancy getting to the prem under him at Derby 

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

We get offered £20m for vydra in january?

Prem teams must be looking at the championship top scorers and contemplating bids.

Swansea, stoke, palace, west brom, brighton?

what would you do? Take the money? 

End of the season if things don’t work out for us then £20m yes, but January is not the right time. 

The only sales we should be making are Anya, Shackell and if possible Bent IMO. 

All three deserve to be getting game time and unfortunately for them that’s not here anymore. 

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I think a replacement would be crucial to any deal only take the money if we can replace him which would be difficult?

What a turnaround in a player.

Whats Baiano doing,is he still in shape?

I have no evidence of this but I have a feeling Baiano looks like Danny De Vito since his career ended. 

Dough balled up to high heaven ??

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Most desperate teams in the premiership play one up front and we know what happens to him then

both WBA and Watford have had him in the premiership and never used him basically 

We play one up front.

Them buggars in the Premier League are rolling in it and it’s about time we had somebody’s pants down regarding transfer fees so 20 mill should be the very least we should be looking at. That written, I think it would be bad business to get rid of a player like him when an automatic promotion place is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I'd add Carson to that ,in fact I would rather lose anyone other than Carson.

As great as Carson is, he could be replaced for relatively little outlay. If we lost Vydra we would have to spend what we got for him and more to replace him. That’s assuming there is a forward of that quality who would be willing to drop to the championship. I suspect we won’t sell any of our major players this window, nor hopefully buy any either. I wouldn’t mind a quality loan or maybe two if any are available come late January. Assuming we are still in a position to challenge for either automatic promotion or play offs then 

Archived