So what if.....

RamNut

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No point selling him in January unless bidding gets silly. His prior spell with West Brom May put a few suitors off spending the big money.

As much as I don’t want or expect us to sell. It makes perfect sense for bids from the bottom half dozen to come in. He will either score the goals to keep them up or if not they will have the best striker in the championship for the start of next season for a instant return 

If we were to sell him for £20 million, I kinda like to think that Winall could step up. Not saying he’s as good. Or that we shouldn’t find another Vydra. But between Martin, Winall and Nugent (and maybe Bent off the bench?), we could build another strike partnership that would be scary enough. Might take 5 matches to come good, mind.

Its a first world problem, but with Vydra being so on fire, we’ve not got to see Martin and Winall be given a decent run of games to see if they couldn’t bang in a few goals between them. Not complaining, but would be interesting to see how they got on.

18 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No point selling him in January unless bidding gets silly. His prior spell with West Brom May put a few suitors off spending the big money.

True, but any newly installed manager at Swansea, west brom etc has to gamble in order to find a spark that will lift them out of the bottom three. There aren't too many options out there. 

3 hours ago, Bazal77 said:

could we dress up Chris Martin in Vydras clothes, accept the bid and send martin instead? 

this is all hypothetical of course, in reality martin would never fit in vydras clothes

they may find out at the medical i think - i.e. with lack of inches in height and more than a few inches around the middle......and also the way he tumbleles off the medical bed......

On 12/24/2017 at 03:28, RamNut said:

We get offered £20m for vydra in january?

Prem teams must be looking at the championship top scorers and contemplating bids.

Swansea, stoke, palace, west brom, brighton?

what would you do? Take the money? 

Can't see it happening. The clubs in relegation trouble probably won't opt for a relatively unknown PL quantity to save their season. 

29 minutes ago, europia said:

Can't see it happening. The clubs in relegation trouble probably won't opt for a relatively unknown PL quantity to save their season. 

Brighton apparently offering £18m for moussa dembele 

Archived