Butterfield

Shipley Ram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame it's not working out for him over there as it's another player Rowett will have to try and move on in the summer, hard to see him having much of a future at Derby with his parting words. Be good to see him win them over in the second half of the season.

On the other side of the deal I would imagine Winnall is quietly disappointed with the game time he's had, has some pretty tough competition for a place in the side, joint 3rd top scorer yet only 4 starts.

18 minutes ago, David said:

Shame it's not working out for him over there as it's another player Rowett will have to try and move on in the summer, hard to see him having much of a future at Derby with his parting words. Be good to see him win them over in the second half of the season.

On the other side of the deal I would imagine Winnall is quietly disappointed with the game time he's had, has some pretty tough competition for a place in the side, joint 3rd top scorer yet only 4 starts.

Not good for us that he’s having a tough time and I would like to see him do well for them and for his career(nothing against Butters) and DCFC’s bank balance.

He was perhaps a bit too quick rejoicing on leaving us when he joined them.

23 minutes ago, David said:

What were his parting words? I'm guessing at him being a bit miffed at being shipped out but  I haven't seen exactly what he said. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What were his parting words? I'm guessing at him being a bit miffed at being shipped out but  I haven't seen exactly what he said. 

Wasn't soooo bad. Basically said that Rowett style of football didn't suit him because his game was all about quick pass and move. Hence Wed's would be a perfect match. 

Their whole team is playing badly, either they pick up form and hopefully he'll have a few good games, or Carlos Carvalhal gets sacked and he has another chance to perform under a new manager.I don't think he has a DCFC future and a good half season could lessen the hit to Mel's wallet.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Playing style, Derby didn't suit him and were heading in a direction that wasn't for him, praised the Sheffield Wednesday way and bigger himself up as a technical player. Just came across like it wasn't a temporary move. 

To be fair, the Wednesday fans might be slating him but if Carvalhal is playing him a permanent move could still be on. 

Looking back to pre season,Rowetts preferred  midfield 2 was Butters and BJ and he had a fair crack at it.

Butters looked like he worked as hard as anyone else but the side looked unbalanced.

The Wendies move looked like panic on their part because they are skint and the Winnall/Forestieri incident.

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Wasn't soooo bad. Basically said that Rowett style of football didn't suit him because his game was all about quick pass and move. Hence Wed's would be a perfect match. 

It was pretty bad since it came from him. We know he shirks tackles but he doesn’t pass forward quick and he doesn’t move forward and he never moves into open space anyway, unless he drops back.

Dude was way way overrated. Recall he gave away that penalty at Sunderland which combined with Martins inability to finish cost us an easy 2 points.  Soon after Rowett figured out what an albatross he was and moved him pronto. Poor player and a disastrous acquisition. And he’s telling us what good football looks like - bejeezus. God forbid he shows back up at our training ground.

but I agree with those above that this is all bad news for us that he’s flailing over there ...

6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Looking back to pre season,Rowetts preferred  midfield 2 was Butters and BJ and he had a fair crack at it.

Butters looked like he worked as hard as anyone else but the side looked unbalanced.

The Wendies move looked like panic on their part because they are skint and the Winnall/Forestieri incident.

Whathappend with winnall and Fernando (can you hear the boos Fernando)

I would wager he never plays for us again. If he’s sent back, which I suspect he will be. He will be out on loan again next season. He’s a good enough championship footballer, just having a bad run of form. Hopefully he comes good ( but not too good) for Wednesday and they keep him. 

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whathappend with winnall and Fernando (can you hear the boos Fernando)

Allegedly Forestieri did a nasty tackle on Winnall in training(typical dirty Argie trick)to which Winnall’s response was to knock him out :lol:

I’ll try and find you a link.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-sam-winnall-says-spat-with-fernando-forestieri-is-done-and-dusted-1-8701327/amp

Hete you go @RadioactiveWaste

Archived