Callum Guy and Luke Thomas

MackworthRamIsGod

I am just echoing the cries of most fans who have seen these two, it is time these two are promoted to the first team squad and considered viable options to start games.

Young players have far more to prove than some senior players on big contracts who get a game here and there.

Guy alongside Ledley and Thomas in for Weimann would offer us something different, it could save us a fair few quid in January and I see Thomas having potential to be a big player.

Elsnik next season full of confidence would be nice too.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like to see Vernam given a chance off the bench in the number 10 role. I think he is a player that would benefit from playing with better players.

Obviously that would mean him playing on thr same day as Thomas replaces Weimann. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, sage said:

I would also like to see Vernam given a chance off the bench in the number 10 role. I think he is a player that would benefit from playing with better players.

Obviously that would mean him playing on thr same day as Thomas replaces Weimann. :ph34r:

Going to be a player Vernam is...... plays inbetween mid and strikers with aplomb.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Going to be a player Vernam is...... plays inbetween mid and strikers with aplomb.

It’s what we need.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Given you a like because I’ve not seen you for a bit.

I don’t know enough to voice a valid opinion.

:) Bit bored of Rowettball tbh. :ph34r:

I've only seen them on RamsTV but from what I've seen they're only worth a start in a cup game imo. Something wrong if we have to depend on them.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Like a mobile Chris Martin. He will play top half Championship at least.Way ahead of Bennett. 

Guy has to improve his passing accuracy to make the First Team. Not that it's stopped Bradley Johnson.

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Lots of teams interested in taking Thomas on a youth loan I am hearing and Derby are prepared to let him out in January along with a couple more of the U23's.

Bit surprised if we let Thomas out on loan I'm regular under 23s watcher and this lad is special two footed very good dribble spot a pass and score goals Maybe the training staff think he needs a bit more experience but he can't be far of ready 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the youth in question is better than what you have got then why not?

Weimann and Russell aren't consistent enough.

Thomas is in form for the u23s so now is the time to give him game time.

There's a huge gap in quality between U23 and Championship level. I'm not saying the likes of Thomas, Guy and Vernam won't be a part of the clubs' future but if you were in Rowetts' position, with your team in one of the play-off places, why change for changes sake?  The time will come when one or two of them will get their opportunity, possibly through injury or suspension but until then you continue to play those who have taken the club into their current position.

19 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Yeah I agree. Our league position is so poor we should turn to youth. 

Yes a league position we definitely do not deserve Ifyou have been to the two home matches this week you would have to be blind not to see we are creating next to nothing Nobody is suggesting we turn to youth they a are suggesting one player We all know we need a creative midfielder and we can't loan or buy till Jan We have 7games till then to stay in touch we must get points and neither Weimann or Lawrence are doing it at the moment got to do something

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we play these two in league matches then our squad isn't good enough.

Got to disagree, If teams like Man Utd can give opportunities to the likes of Rashford when they’ve spent in excess of 300m why can’t we give ours a shot? 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Got to disagree, If teams like Man Utd can give opportunities to the likes of Rashford when they’ve spent in excess of 300m why can’t we give ours a shot? 

Rashford got his chance through injury & took it at the time they rated fletcher & wilson as better prospects ... Rashford is class but would he be in the first team without injuries and scoring two on his debut 

United loaned lingard out before giving him a real chance and usually in recent times loan players out before thet step up like welbeck was out in loan the season before first team 

i see your point but at the same time no harm in loaning players out for experiance before stepping up ... at the min the first team are doing well & id like to see youth loaned out for experience 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes a league position we definitely do not deserve Ifyou have been to the two home matches this week you would have to be blind not to see we are creating next to nothing Nobody is suggesting we turn to youth they a are suggesting one player We all know we need a creative midfielder and we can't loan or buy till Jan We have 7games till then to stay in touch we must get points and neither Weimann or Lawrence are doing it at the moment got to do something

Creating next to nothing? REALLY?!!

From my point of view we’ve created more than enough but haven’t been able to finish. Maybe it’s down to a bit of fatigue (5 games in 14 days) for most of them, and a lack of match fitness for others (Thorne, Martin, etc..)

The last 5 games have shown plenty of promise to me, playing teams with 10 men behind the ball (Ipswich) and also teams playing on the front foot (Fulham). Considering we’re a team in a development stage, I’m certain we’ll come good the second half of the season, defiantly by next season. 

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

i see your point but at the same time no harm in loaning players out for experiance before stepping up ... at the min the first team are doing well & id like to see youth loaned out for experience 

Agree loans are good but I still think Rowett could give more opportunities even if it’s off the bench. A good cup run with a few in would be nice.

Archived