Thomas Ince

California Ram.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

The Johnstone Paint Trophy (is it still called that?) has a rule where you have to play 5 (or 6 can't remember the exact number) players from the previous game. It is to stop the teams puttong a team full of youth players out.

So why not adopt that rule in all competitions?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I can’t believe I just read that.. Football is dead then. If this is what the modern football fans feels is acceptable then it’s all over.

Well it's just a fact, the premier league will be won by one of the top 6. I can cry and moan about that all I want, but that's a fact as far as I'm concerned. 

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Well it's just a fact, the premier league will be won by one of the top 6. I can cry and moan about that all I want, but that's a fact as far as I'm concerned. 

It will be while  people like you accept that 

So we have no chance of winning a cup, or so I am told on here. We have no chance of winning certain games in the PL, so we should not even try. 38 game PL campaign and no chance against the top six.  That’s 12 games , so we are down to 26 competitive games!!!

Rugby is sounding much more attractive now. Sounds like there is no point with football. 

47 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

So we have no chance of winning a cup, or so I am told on here. We have no chance of winning certain games in the PL, so we should not even try. 38 game PL campaign and no chance against the top six.  That’s 12 games , so we are down to 26 competitive games!!!

Rugby is sounding much more attractive now. Sounds like there is no point with football. 

We are too soft for rugby. We would have to rely on Huddlestone punting it forward all the time...oh wait....

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Is it though?

From what I recall between 96 and 02 it was only ever going to be Man U or Arsenal, with Liverpool being touted because of history blah blah blah.

Then Chelski emerged and it became a top 4 of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and them. 

Then Man City got flush and became added to the mix after they won their first title. and now Spurs in the past few years can be thrown into the mix. 

Leicester had their miraculous season. Look how high Burnley currently are (I'm not saying they're in with a shout by any means). 

No team should expect to lose, granted you wouldn't look at losing away to Man City as 3 points lost in Huddersfield's plan for this season, but look how late City have left a few of their results. They're far from unbeatable. 

6 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

5live had a good football discussion the other night, about the premier league mid to lower clubs, its all about not getting relegated. They dont even try play expansive football, becuase they know they cant compete, and the minute they are near the bottom 3, even if everton spend 150 million in the summer they have to fire their coach.

They also mentioned how some pundits knew Boro fans and Norwich fans who didnt enjoy this type of a league for one season, and preferred to be in with a chance of a successful side in the championship.  Chappers also mentioned how a side like "Derby County" can realisitcally hope to win every game they go into before the match begins. You cant say that about anyone in the Premier league.

9 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Is it though?

From what I recall between 96 and 02 it was only ever going to be Man U or Arsenal, with Liverpool being touted because of history blah blah blah.

Then Chelski emerged and it became a top 4 of Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and them. 

Then Man City got flush and became added to the mix after they won their first title. and now Spurs in the past few years can be thrown into the mix. 

Leicester had their miraculous season. Look how high Burnley currently are (I'm not saying they're in with a shout by any means). 

No team should expect to lose, granted you wouldn't look at losing away to Man City as 3 points lost in Huddersfield's plan for this season, but look how late City have left a few of their results. They're far from unbeatable. 

Okay, I'll rephrase, it's a fact unless you get a hugely wealthy investor who can buy the league. The top 6 have so much financial muscle, good luck breaking into that, and even if you spend a lot, there is no guarantee like with Everton. Leicester was a pure anomaly, and have returned to where you would expect them, so remove them from the equation. 

So by that, you're saying in the 11 point season, Derby fans, players and management didn't expect to lose every time they played in the second half of that season? 

I'm saying that, sure it's nice to dream that it isn't about cash, but at the end of the day it is. All the top sides are from big cities, and have huge investment every single year. Leicester won the league, yet lost their best player to Chelsea, why is that? Because nobody believed they could do it again, they could challenge again. 

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

What I accept or don't accept doesn't change a single thing. If you really believe we could go to all the top 6 sides away and win you're delusional. The PL sides outside of the top 6 operate on the basis that they lose those games, and any points they pick up is a bonus. Cup runs are different, no reason why a mid tier premier league side or a championship side couldn't win a cup. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Okay, I'll rephrase, it's a fact unless you get a hugely wealthy investor who can buy the league. The top 6 have so much financial muscle, good luck breaking into that, and even if you spend a lot, there is no guarantee like with Everton. Leicester was a pure anomaly, and have returned to where you would expect them, so remove them from the equation. 

So by that, you're saying in the 11 point season, Derby fans, players and management didn't expect to lose every time they played in the second half of that season? 

I'm saying that, sure it's nice to dream that it isn't about cash, but at the end of the day it is. All the top sides are from big cities, and have huge investment every single year. Leicester won the league, yet lost their best player to Chelsea, why is that? Because nobody believed they could do it again, they could challenge again. 

What I accept or don't accept doesn't change a single thing. If you really believe we could go to all the top 6 sides away and win you're delusional. The PL sides outside of the top 6 operate on the basis that they lose those games, and any points they pick up is a bonus. Cup runs are different, no reason why a mid tier premier league side or a championship side couldn't win a cup. 

So nobody ever wins at those grounds outside the top six!!!

So potentially, if you stand little chance, don’t try  Jeeezus what a ***** attitude for a sporting contest   

Delusional. Yes you are  

Who was talking about us? We are talking Huddersfield. 

You keep waiving the white flag. 

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

So nobody ever wins at those grounds outside the top six!!!

So potentially, if you stand little chance, don’t try  Jeeezus what a ***** attitude for a sporting contest   

Delusional. Yes you are  

Who was talking about us? We are talking Huddersfield. 

You keep waiving the white flag. 

You clearly didn't bother reading my post, I said whatever points are won in those games are a bonus, not that it was impossible to win. How is it delusional to speak using facts? You're the one making out that Huddersfield is going to somehow go to a top side and beat them with ease if they picked their full team. My point is, it's a valid decision for them because they probably won't win, statistically the odds are against them. They might as well keep their squad fresh for winnable games. I can see why you're called ''Angry Ram''.

45 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You clearly didn't bother reading my post, I said whatever points are won in those games are a bonus, not that it was impossible to win. How is it delusional to speak using facts? You're the one making out that Huddersfield is going to somehow go to a top side and beat them with ease if they picked their full team. My point is, it's a valid decision for them because they probably won't win, statistically the odds are against them. They might as well keep their squad fresh for winnable games. I can see why you're called ''Angry Ram''.

Oh the only fact you have quoted is that one of the top 6 will win the league.. Way to go Einstein.. Stop press, you can’t win if you finish 7th. 

Let’s ignore Leicester eh.

Just what are the facts,  as you put them?

’They might as well keep their squad fresh for winnable games’.. All games are winnable. Now that is a fact.

Where have I posted ‘You’re the one making out that Huddersfield is going to somehow go to a top side and beat them with ease if they picked their full team’ ??

I will try again.... The whole concept of accepting that you have little chance of winning a game, so therefore it is acceptable to not try everything in your power to try and win that game, should be alien to a professional sportsman or organisation..

Why are Saudi Arabia even bothering with the World Cup? Why are we for that matter? We are probably not going to win it, they are definitely not going to win it.. So treat these as friendly games?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Is he tearing it up with Huddersfield yet?

Or has Big Daddy Paul hyped him up too much?

No hard feelings at all.. just wish he was back here

I'm not, don't think we are missing him at all.

I doubt Vydra would be flourishing the way he is if Ince was still here.

No reason why both couldn’t fit into this team IMO. 

Down to how good your manager is really. Tome Ince playing wouldn’t equal Matej Vydra being ****, that’s a bit of a silly simplistic way to look at it. 

Our wingers have been average at best so far, Tom Ince would have been a great asset to add to this team. 

Not that it matters now. 

11 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No reason why both couldn’t fit into this team IMO. 

Down to how good your manager is really. Tome Ince playing wouldn’t equal Matej Vydra being ****, that’s a bit of a silly simplistic way to look at it. 

Our wingers have been average at best so far, Tom Ince would have been a great asset to add to this team. 

Not that it matters now. 

The 2 best English midfielders of our generation were unable to play together, despite the efforts of 2 of the best managers in the world, reasonable evidence that sometimes players just don't go together in a team.

Of course I've got no evidence that Vydra and Ince would not work together but I think Vydra is a player that needs to be on the ball as often as possible to make his game tick, something I don't think would be happening in the same team as Ince.

For all his qualities when with us it seemed to be a case of everything having to flow to him in terms of team set up and who did what throughout each game. Weather it is correct or not we are currently looking like a team who play for each other who don’t let so many goals in currently with the likes of Vydra and Wieman showing so much more without Ince than with him

Archived