Is keeping the same team right when tired

Curtains

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

More a case of horses for courses , I believe most teams we play at home will sit deep which makes it a better option to start Martin than nugent in my opinion, I thought Martin and Vydra were linking very well last night which is no surprise as they both have very good footballing brains 

So what you’re saying is :

Martin and Vydra have big footballing brains and Nugent has a smaller footballing brain which therefore means two big footballing brains link better together in home games.

And what about goals, is that connected to big footballing brains or can small brained players like Nugent do that? I didn’t see any goals from the big football brains together at home yesterday, did you ?

Some very profound logic there though.. lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Its just a shame we seem to have to wait for a reverse in results for Gary to do this. Its what makes me have reservations about the  likelihood he will be successful. Needs to be more perceptive to anticipate issues rather than react to them. 

Yes this is exactly my lingering concern, he’s got to get out of this ‘heart over head’ thinking that’s slipped him up a few times

Keeping the same team would have been the right decision had we won. We didn't so it's the wrong decision.

This is how it works. It isn't like football manager - there is no percentage fitness that the manager can look at.

Rowett has now seen that his team can't play 4 games in quick succession and keep up the pace. Expect him to make changes next time the fixture list is congested.

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin and Vydra have big footballing brains and Nugent has a smaller footballing brain which therefore means two big footballing brains link better together in home games.

And what about goals, is that connected to big footballing brains or can small brained players like Nugent do that? I didn’t see any goals from the big football brains together at home yesterday, did you ?

Nugent clearly can’t play 3 games in a week being the type of player he is ie 100 mile an hour runner.  Martin has more guile and is a different type of player.  Get your head out the clouds 

Just now, curtains said:

Nugent clearly can’t play 3 games in a week being the type of player he is ie 100 mike an hot runner.  Martin has more guile and is a different type of player.  Get your head out he clouds 

Sorry I have a smaller footballing brain like Nuge so I don’t link with your large footballing brain and therefore I fail to analyze home games very well.

Regards, from the clouds...

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Sorry I have a smaller footballing brain like Nuge so I don’t link with your large footballing brain and therefore I fail to analyze home games very well.

Regards, from the clouds...

Clearly you don’t because Nugent was replaced at half time for Martin and we were twice the team 2nd half.  Gary needed Thorne in earlier IMO 

?

23 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I didn't see any from Nugent or indeed yourself either ninos...your anology may indeed be correct.

And bless,don't get so angry just because you thought you had somehow won and Martin wasn't going to be used anymore to only find it's not the case.

The rest of us are looking at it in s more balanced way...if we win using any combination of our big or small brained footballers we are happy.

23 minutes ago, Ninos said:

No that is what you are reading. Nice jump of conclusion.

Just because one player is praised doesn't mean that another is being called.

Where did @Sparkle even mention Nugent?

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Ok, we are getting into a very weird area now.

is Rowett's brain sufficiently proportioned to deal with this further complication in team selection?

Who'd be a manager?

2 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

did you make the judgement before we kicked off?

Yes I went to Middlesbrough and it was a tough game.  I couldn’t believe Gary started the same starting 11. 

Luke Thomas needs a chance on the bench as what’s the use of the U23s 

No need for Pearce at home as Huddlestone as we saw can play CB as can Baird. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

So he calculated wrong because he had to bring Martin on for Nugent at HT because he looked tired frustrated.

You've missed the point again that he didn't know he would have to bring Martin on for Nugent. Presumably he & Nugent thought he was fit enough & decided to play what he considered to be the strongest team.

You can say the decision was wrong but that's purely based on hindsight.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

You've missed the point again that he didn't know he would have to bring Martin on for Nugent. Presumably he & Nugent thought he was fit enough & decided to play what he considered to be the strongest team.

Or the fact I saw Nugent after QPR lifting his leg into his car out of pure fatigue 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

In fairness, what’s a football forum without hindsight?

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Or the fact I saw Nugent after QPR lifting his leg into his car out of pure fatigue 

What's that got to do with last night, when he was fit enough to play vs Middlesborough in between? Maybe he'd just got a fizzy foot:D

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What's that got to do with last night, when he was fit enough to play vs Middlesborough in between? Maybe he'd just got a fizzy foot:D

Mate you are missing the point. Why flog players when we have a big squad. Unbelievable that we can’t wait to offload players in January for FFP 

Archived