Joe Ledley signs new 18 month contract

Day

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a relief. Just one player needed in January then - one very expensive attacking midfielder with the ability to play any of the three forward positions behind the striker and scores goals from nowhere. On a permanent, £10m+ please. Foreign. Proper foreign though - not Welsh or Polish. 

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

That's a relief. Just one player needed in January then - one very expensive attacking midfielder with the ability to play any of the three forward positions behind the striker and scores goals from nowhere. On a permanent, £10m+ please. Foreign. Proper foreign though - not Welsh or Polish. 

Scottish ok?

I've found one playing for cardiff....out on loan from some midlands outfit....

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

No chance, Rowett showed again last night he has no intention of dropping Huddlestone

Did he? I thought the fact that he pushed Huddlestone into defence when Thorne came on was a pretty clear message that the battle for midfield places is between the two of them - wouldn't be surprised to see Thorne start there on Saturday....

He played very well last night. Reads the game, rarely wastes a pass. Strong and surprisingly nimble at times. 

Very pleased about this good all round midfielder. Thing is, he can play alongside any of our other mids and do well, he isn't a "Ledley has to play with X or Ledley can't play AM, or Ledley is no use on the right" ......... He's proper team cement. 

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah ! And he needs a good name, so very important. You know ... Something a commentator can get in to. I fancy something Germanic, Slavic or maybe Franco/Italian

10 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Did he? I thought the fact that he pushed Huddlestone into defence when Thorne came on was a pretty clear message that the battle for midfield places is between the two of them - wouldn't be surprised to see Thorne start there on Saturday....

I would have made a straight swap , I thought his distribution was pretty poor and his first instinct is not to turn when facing his own goal

9 hours ago, jono said:

Yeah ! And he needs a good name, so very important. You know ... Something a commentator can get in to. I fancy something Germanic, Slavic or maybe Franco/Italian

I want a German,then when they play s*** we can really abuse em?

20 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I really miss the obscure foreign gem!

We're crying out for another Mauricio Sollis

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

I would have made a straight swap , I thought his distribution was pretty poor and his first instinct is not to turn when facing his own goal

Makes you wonder how he's played 310 Prem games when he doesn't know when to turn and when not to Just shows you what you can get away with being a Pro footballer 

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Makes you wonder how he's played 310 Prem games when he doesn't know when to turn and when not to Just shows you what you can get away with being a Pro footballer 

Everyone's an expert eh,

I happen to think that Thorne is a better midfielder than Huddlestone and that Davies is a better centre half but thats opinions for you and forums are the place to express them 

13 hours ago, JG400 said:

That was an option, but Davies wasn't having a great game (one of his worst in Derby shirt in my opinion) - he could well have been struggling with an injury so dropping Huddlestone into his place was the obvious call as they were also keen to get Thorne on....

Archived