We're coming after you Wolves

B4ev6is

17 minutes ago, europia said:

My point was, if you don't up your game and dispose of teams like Ipswich, you don't get enough points to achieve promotion. 

Promotion candidates , villa, Cardiff , sheff u ,Norwich ,etc ,they will have / have had games like that that they lose or draw when they should be putting them away ,, I would be very surprised if wolves don't have a few over the whole season and they are considered head and shoulders above and nailed on promotion ,,, so I stick to my view that the manner of the Ipswich loss is no indicator of our promotion credentials ,if anything it's the opposite because in the not too distant past teams coming to us with that tactic we're very often able to snuff us out totally and stop us having any decent chances or shots and very much like rowett says we have panicked ,got impatient and lost by a bigger margin ,

i suppose it's how you look at it but I see the Ipswich game very differently from you,opinions

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was quite telling that the reaction on here after the Ipswich defeat was calm and measured. Most posters, me included, felt that we had played well and deserved something from the game. Above all, we are continuing to create lots of chances and if this carries on we will win more games than we lose. Catching Wolves may be a tall order but we all know from bitter experience how a top team can collapse with a few injuries to key players, so let's just keep supporting the lads and see what happens.

Saying 'Wolves, we're coming for you.' is a bit daft and premature.

We're on a fantastic run with 7 wins and 22 points from our last 10 games, but as Wolves are in even better form, we're not going to be causing them too many sleepless nights. :lol:

At the same time, saying that Wolves can't be caught is equally as daft and premature.

There is a very long way to go - 26 games! - and anything is possible. You only have to look at where we were 10 games ago to attest to that.

We were in 14th, seven points off the top 6, having clawed our way to 13 points from a possible 30 and celebrating a battling draw away at Cardiff like we'd won at Old Trafford.

Fast forward two months and we're in a great position, all things considered. We are two points off 3rd and eight points off 2nd, with a three-point cushion to 7th, when according to some, we have played well in only 25% of our games. 

Credit to Rowett for an excellent turnaround, but I refuse to get excited about us because just as we start to look like we mean business, results like Reading and Ipswich at home bring us crashing back down to Earth.

All in all, we just have to focus on ourselves and see where that takes us.

I think wolves will run away with it

saying that i think second is a possibility, could argue that on our day we are better than the sides above with the exception of wolves who are another level ... cant see carfiff or sheff utd keeping it up

Archived