What’s the missing ingredient ?

Keepyuppy

Thorne is has fit has he is going to get playing U23 it is far to easy for him he cruises through them because he is not pushed.

Listened to Michael Johnson saying senior players find it easy and it is not a challenge for them.The only way to get the extra fitness and sharpness is first team minutes.

George could give you 60 to 70 minutes because of the extra edge at first team level but would do him the world of good.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Ledley and Huddlestone both 30 yr olds and comments made about how shattered they looked midway through the 2nd half against Fulham. Would it be ideal to have him on the bench to come on midway through the 2nd half against QPR. If Wisdom is back in at right back, i would have Baird also on the bench. Have two fresh central midfielders on, whats your thoughts Gary !:unsure:

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

With Ledley and Huddlestone both 30 yr olds and comments made about how shattered they looked midway through the 2nd half against Fulham. Would it be ideal to have him on the bench to come on midway through the 2nd half against QPR. If Wisdom is back in at right back, i would have Baird also on the bench. Have two fresh central midfielders on, whats your thoughts Gary !:unsure:

Oops sorry i forgot to mention who i was on about (George Thorne).

On 19/11/2017 at 12:46, sage said:

How old is that quote?

I am referring to a Rowett interview on RamsTV last week. 

Your right he said it on Ramstv last week " I expect to get time in the first team some time this month ".  After watching him Friday I'm not sure certainly didn't look right But has someone pointed out the Under23s don't stretch them Maybe risk him if we are struggling which I think we will be Expect Louonga to run the midfield and Smith to torture Davies and Keogh

On 11/19/2017 at 13:37, archied said:

the fact that the first team is not the right place to get player fit stands though ,, we have to give ourselves the best poss chance of winning those and putting players in when not ready more often leads to more problems for the player but let's not try to talk sense unless it fits with the aim of rubbishing rowett

Not sure about that - a precedent seems to have been set with Fozzy,and Joe wasn't match fit when he was given a run.

However,I can see a dilemma with George.I've no doubt we want to see him get fit (and stay fit) to justify a contract extension.But on the other hand,if he were pushed too soon and broke down we could run out of time in making that judgement.Not an easy decision.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

errr...i think the manager has to want that type of player. 

Haha good point they couldn’t kick it far and high enough :ph34r:

Just now, TexasRam said:

Haha good point they couldn’t kick it far and high enough :ph34r:

I really want Gary to succeed and we have the capability to hurt teams quickly but we just need that one bit of intelligence to link a strong defence with quick forwards. 

We don't need to play like Barca,  just a Will Hughes type to play an advanced midfield role....its so f****** frustrating that GR could not see his ability to get the best out of potential match winners like Vydra and Lawrence.

Can't help but think those two would score shed loads with Hughsey threading through balls as they make runs into the box.

The signings seem to suggest a Leicester counter-attacking 4-4-2 approach.

The system seems more akin to the 4-2-3-1 Nigel Clough ‘purple patch’. 

Honestly think a slight tinker is all the first eleven needs. Either slightly different personnel or a moderately different system. 

On 19/11/2017 at 12:19, Edinburgh ram said:

Give george a start, doesn’t have to be the whole game, we have options if he starts to struggle but he really is what we need right now.

I am all for George getting more game time to up his fitness. But to suggest he starts IF there is any doubt he will not last the full 90 means you are effectively starting with only 2 subs, knowing one is already needed to cover for him.

I for one would go with Huddlestone/Ledley. If it works don't change unless you have to, however if we do introduce Mr Thorne, then give him a good hour or so.

There was a bizarre contrast between the sky commentator continually harping on about our wealth of attacking options and the fact we were sitting back and playing deep

1 hour ago, nfb said:

and thats about the right word sadly, 5m :huh:  where are we going to find a player to fill those shoes for that price ??

Daft

Just makes me think that Watford put that bid in just to test the water and then we jumped straight in and accepted it without really thinking we could get more.

Archived