Group H
Poland
Senegal
Japan
Columbia

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper, quarter-finals is very doable. However, it's never that easy but I would be pretty pleased if we get to the quarter finals and play some promising football.

The way the draw looks, it's going to be very unlikely to reach the quarter-finals and play a 'lesser' nation so with Brazil or Germany looking likely if we get that far, I can't see us going further than that.

With the absence of Chile, Italy and Holland it meant Pot 3 didn’t really have any scary teams in it.

England have got to be delighted with their draw. They were always likely to have a tough game against a Pot 1 side, but of the mediocre Pot 3 and 4 sides they probably got the worst in each one.

Mexico have a nice draw. Germany, Sweden and Korea. It looks tough on paper but they should get through Sweden and Korea easily enough.

Can’t be any more difficult than their last group at 2014 - Brazil, Croatia and Cameroon and they got through that with 7 points.

27 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Belgium - L
Panama - D
Tunisia - W

Scrape through, and out in the next round as usual.  Que a week of recriminations into who's the blame, and how the whole English structure should be rebuilt.  Then nothing happening...

It is being rebuilt..... it’s a lie it isnt

22 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Assumes he's going then :ph34r:

Harry Kane comes across as a really decent bloke, but he isn't half counting his chickens here isn't he?

I know he is without doubt England's best forward right now, but who's to say that will be the case next summer and who's to say he will be 100% fit for the tournament.

He probably didn't mean to come across as arrogant here, but he shouldn't be writing stuff like that.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Don't think that you have anything to fear from either Croatia or Nigeria ramit. 

Capable of getting a result against both of those I'd say.

i do like your optimism :thumbsup:

Croatia are tough contenders though and Nigeria are much better than their FIFA points say IMO, but hey ho, Argentina in the first game

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Harry Kane comes across as a really decent bloke, but he isn't half counting his chickens here isn't he?

I know he is without doubt England's best forward right now, but who's to say that will be the case next summer and who's to say he will be 100% fit for the tournament.

He probably didn't mean to come across as arrogant here, but he shouldn't be writing stuff like that.

Kyle Walker did the same.

There's no doubt they'll both be in the squad if fit, but like you say they shouldn't post things like this before it's even announced.

What a bunch of miserable people in this country. We’ve got a great group, we can certainly beat all 3 teams if we turn up for a tournament.

Harry Kane makes a post that seems presumptuous about going to the World Cup, of course he’s going, he’s by far the best striker England have got.

Usually we’re a bit cocky about our chances, or the last 2 tournaments we’ve been pretty apathetic. Personally think we’re bit of an unknown as Southgate is still experimenting with the system a little bit.

Can’t wait, would have preferred a tougher group tbh because weaker teams like Panama and Tunisia will always sit back and frustrate teams like England.

Archived