World Cup Draw

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest team from pot one would be Russia, they have nothing at all, we would bury them, pot 3 and 4 are all about the same really, none of them with any chance of winning it just there to make up the numbers and fill the pockets of the Fifa board.

Personally I want us to get Germany, Iceland and Australia......lets get some decent competitive games in early and knock them out.

Russia are way weaker than Poland, but home advantage/brown envelopes might make it better to avoid them than Poland. Failing that, the massively over-hyped Belgians.

Would love us to draw the Aussies.

Pot three - probably Iran, but not fussed by any of them.

Quarter finals penalty heart-break here we come!

It’s quite complicated how it all works, with no teams from the same continent being allowed to be drawn together (bar Europeans with 2 teams max).

Means Mexico almost always ends up with a top South American team and a solid European team.

Despite being 2nd seeds they had Uruguay/France in 2010 and Brazil/Croatia in 2014.

With the look at the groups, it really wouldn’t surprise me if they draw Brazil/Argentina from pot one and Serbia from pot four. Pot 3 will be a random one.

9 hours ago, David said:

Argentina, England, Iceland, Australia 

May as well go out in style.

Russia will get an easy ride with Mexico, Iran, Panama. Stick a fiver on that group. Those balls will be warmer than Des O’Connors.

Still a fiver on that group and you are 100% guaranteed to lose a fiver.

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Russia and England to be drawn in separate groups with the largest possible distance between venues to avoid any repeat of marseille. 

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Somehow I can’t see that mattering :lol:

No matter where England play, the Russian Ultras will be wanting a repeat of the flag collecting they conducted in France.

We need a group that will motivate us. If we see Iran and Serbia on our fixture list, we'll only end up performing in a complacent manner.

Argentina, Iceland and Australia would be a nice group to have, as each game would have some extra spice to it.

Most of all, I'd love to see us sending Messi back to his Moscow spa hotel with his tail between his legs. :lol:

Archived