Unbeaten in 6, won last 3, outside playoffs on goal difference

Carl Sagan

Gary Rowett's black and white army goes marching on and it looks as if happy days may be just around the corner. What a simply beautiful goal that was by David Nugent. 

If Villa lose by two or more goals away at Brum today, we'll rise into the playoffs! And everyone had an extra hour in bed. What's not to like? 

Bring on the dirty Leeds! 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

To close to call for my liking.

Brentford down in 15th are only 6 points from 6th spot.

2 defeats from derby, and we'd probably be bottom half again.

You’re right, what was I thinking?

booooooooooooo!

actually, if we lose every game from now we could get relegated.

swap the manager while we have a chance of staying up Mel!

Hopefully results will breed confidence and we will become a bit more comfortable on the ball.

At the moment we are grouped with all teams from 4th down to 18th.

A good run of 3 or 4 games sees you knocking on automatics, adversely 3 or 4 bad results has you looking over your shoulders.

That’s the championship for you, and that’s why it’s the best league in the world for excitement in my opinion.

Im ready for the Prem now though, it’s taken awhile to get rid of the fear of going back up though.  I think we have a better chance with this owner.

Top 6 should be the minimum expectation from this squad, with the budgets and facilities available, one would also hope challengingly the autos come May is also achievable.  

We are now on the right track, and hopefully continue to kick in from this, but 7th I’m his league is nothing to shout about.

However the signs are starting to look promising and hopefully we continue in this vein of form.

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Top 6 should be the minimum expectation from this squad, with the budgets and facilities available, one would also hope challengingly the autos come May is also achievable.  

We are now on the right track, and hopefully continue to kick in from this, but 7th I’m his league is nothing to shout about.

However the signs are starting to look promising and hopefully we continue in this vein of form.

Damn right. There should be no positivility or praise of the team until we are challegingly the automaticals. 

Bloody happily clapplers.

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

This, in a large part is why derby struggle season on season. Fans seem to have a genuine belief that it is expected to be in the autos. An experienced/expensive etc squad means squat in this league. Just enjoy the ride and don't build yourself up too much each season 

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Damn right. There should be no positivility or praise of the team until we are challegingly the automaticals. 

Bloody happily clapplers.

Not sure why you see the post as having a good at the thread, at the moment it’s a good time to be a rams fan. My point was let’s hope it continues, however we still have a way to go.

I apologise for trying to make a discussion and will try not to do so in future :-)

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure why you see the post as having a good at the thread, at the moment it’s a good time to be a rams fan. My point was let’s hope it continues, however we still have a way to go.

I apologise for trying to make a discussion and will try not to do so in future :-)

We do have a way to go of course we do but we are on the up I would say .

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

This, in a large part is why derby struggle season on season. Fans seem to have a genuine belief that it is expected to be in the autos. An experienced/expensive etc squad means squat in this league. Just enjoy the ride and don't build yourself up too much each season 

Although I see what you are saying however I disagree, what is wrong with setting expectations if you set yourself a low target the chances are you will fail.  If an experienced and talented squad means nothing, then why assemble it in the first place ?

Burtons expectations are going to be avoiding relegation again, ours should be, which has been echoed by the manager top 6, I will as always enjoy the ride, however don’t agree that for example last season was a good ride.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

We do have a way to go of course we do but we are on the up I would say .

Wouldn’t argue with that based upon the last 3 performances especially yesterday which I would say was one of the best managerial tactical performances I have seen of late at the club.  

Archived