Unbeaten in 6, won last 3, outside playoffs on goal difference

Carl Sagan

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

You’re right, what was I thinking?

booooooooooooo!

actually, if we lose every game from now we could get relegated.

swap the manager while we have a chance of staying up Mel!

wasnt asking for a booo and a sack GR, i just want some realism... to the madness. Its way too close to call. May our good luck (in not conceding penalties, thanks to dodgy refs in our favour) continue.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

wasnt asking for a booo and a sack GR, i just want some realism... to the madness. Its way too close to call. May our good luck (in not conceding penalties, thanks to dodgy refs in our favour) continue.

Sorry, the new rules are that objectivity means you're a doom merchant.

30 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Anyone else think we have been a bit fortunate recently?

Forest out played us after we scored.

With us winning 1-0, Wednesday should have had a penalty, and possibly a sending off for Fozzy.

Same again with Norwich should have had a penalty, Carson maybe off, had a shot against the bar and mm from crossing the line, another Carson save on the line..... i could go on.

We arent having penalties awarded against us at the moment, but we seem to be getting plenty.

Our luck cant stay like this forever, surely?

Forest had a grand total of 0 shots on target, possession does not equal outplaying imo

We should've had at least one more penalty v Sheff Wed and they should have had Westwood sent off.

Don't personally think the 'foul' by Carson was a penalty, anywhere else on the pitch its not even complained about at the time. Carson save on the line? Is that not what he's there for?

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

But what isn’t great about it? The quality of play? The standard?

Does the Championship really have a good standard of football? Most teams play transitional percentage football. Hardly good in the eye.

Its not a competitive league. The top sides dominate easily.

the top players come to england and flop e.g. Depay and jansen.

32 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Anyone else think we have been a bit fortunate recently?

Forest out played us after we scored.

With us winning 1-0, Wednesday should have had a penalty, and possibly a sending off for Fozzy.

Same again with Norwich should have had a penalty, Carson maybe off, had a shot against the bar and mm from crossing the line, another Carson save on the line..... i could go on.

We arent having penalties awarded against us at the moment, but we seem to be getting plenty.

Our luck cant stay like this forever, surely?

With a bit more luck Wednesday would have been down to 9 men, clear foul on Lawrence and should have already been booked by then.

Forest had possession I don't think they outplayed us.

Yes fozzy could have given a penalty away, but then again Russell could have got a peno instead of a booking.

So we have had some luck yes, but also not all of it has been good luck.

This run is not all down to good fortune.

19 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Forest had a grand total of 0 shots on target, possession does not equal outplaying imo

We should've had at least one more penalty v Sheff Wed and they should have had Westwood sent off.

Don't personally think the 'foul' by Carson was a penalty, anywhere else on the pitch its not even complained about at the time. Carson save on the line? Is that not what he's there for?

Well said! It’s alright listing all these things that hypothetically may have gone against us but he’s completely disregarded anything else we did apart from the goals we scored.

15 hours ago, nottingram said:

I love it when people say ‘the keeper kept us in it with that save, if he hadn’t have been there, we’d be a goal down now.’

I dare say if he hadn’t have been there we’d be several goals down, but that’s the point of a keeper. 

Man City has a fantastic squad, doesn’t mean they go and put Frank from the dog and duck in goal cos he won’t get a touch all game anyway. 

I can’t remeber many games the top teams have played where they’re goalkeeper hasn’t been called upon to do something spectacular at some point. Does that mean that they are all actually crap teams being carried by a fantastic keeper?

No matter who you play against, there will come a time when they get a shot on target, by hook or by crook (unless they’re Forrest). And then you want a good goalkeeper doing his job.

On 10/29/2017 at 03:35, Carl Sagan said:

Gary Rowett's black and white army goes marching on and it looks as if happy days may be just around the corner. What a simply beautiful goal that was by David Nugent. 

If Villa lose by two or more goals away at Brum today, we'll rise into the playoffs! And everyone had an extra hour in bed. What's not to like? 

Bring on the dirty Leeds! 

Pity it didn't happen like that.

Because of you're post, i have just realised that the clocks have changed over there

which could have f***** me up for the Leeds match.

So thanks alot :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, nottingram said:

FWIW they had 5 shots on tsrget including a 1 on 1, although this is pretty irrelevant.

Archived