Views on Pride Park from "Away" Fans

Ellafella

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/pride-park-stadium-derby-county.html#alocal-rivals

A very good and very useful web site which gives the views of away fans on their Pride Park "experience".

I suspect this has been posted before but perhaps it should be a "pinned" thread.

Also very useful for giving views for our fans travelling to other grounds.

Many good "reviews" of PP Stadium including a boster from a Tractor Boy who said IHHO it's the best place in the Championship!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use this site for information about away grounds, but have never read ours before!

Interesting that people can't seem to find the numerous places to drink and eat around the ground, and even more interesting that Paul Ince scored a goal for us in March of this year. (I think that was taking supporting his son a bit too far!)

One or two comments about our fans being quiet, too. :ph34r:

Generally good comments about our stewards in the away section, which is pleasing. I often find they can make or break the match day experience for away fans (Leeds United, I'm looking at YOU).

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I use this site for information about away grounds, but have never read ours before!

Interesting that people can't seem to find the numerous places to drink and eat around the ground, and even more interesting that Paul Ince scored a goal for us in March of this year. (I think that was taking supporting his son a bit too far!)

One or two comments about our fans being quiet, too. :ph34r:

Generally good comments about our stewards in the away section, which is pleasing. I often find they can make or break the match day experience for away fans (Leeds United, I'm looking at YOU).

I know! Apparently nobody else noticed. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

This must be the site that the Alex and Brunswick moan about sending away fans to them.

It must be really annoying for them having customers filling up their pubs and buying up their beer what with them only being a pub and all that. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/pride-park-stadium-derby-county.html#alocal-rivals

A very good and very useful web site which gives the views of away fans on their Pride Park "experience".

I suspect this has been posted before but perhaps it should be a "pinned" thread.

Also very useful for giving views for our fans travelling to other grounds.

Many good "reviews" of PP Stadium including a boster from a Tractor Boy who said IHHO it's the best place in the Championship!

I'd be a bit miffed if an Ipswich fan didn't rate Derby or PP as one of the best away days/grounds in the Championship, considering they always get a result there.

Crazy how Derby haven't beaten them at home for over a decade now.

Ipswich Town... Not Barcelona or Manchester United, Ipswich bloody Town.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

It must be really annoying for them having customers filling up their pubs and buying up their beer what with them only being a pub and all that. :mellow:

I understand your sarcasm, (well I would wouldn’t I?) But, the point is this, the pub suffers because the big away followings do swell the coffers, but when the smaller away groups are in town and not swelling the coffers the loyal home supporters have gone elsewhere because they are tired of not being able to get in the boozer or having to wait 30mins to get served.

Thank god the Brunny has seen sense and banned obvious away fans. None colour wearing fans may get in btw, and the place is better for it in our opinion.

so there!

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Thank god the Brunny has seen sense and banned obvious away fans. None colour wearing fans may get in btw, and the place is better for it in our opinion.

I could be wrong here but I drink in the widdows on match day, which used to be a mix of home and away fans. Start of this season or last not sure which one, the police made all the pubs around the train station choose wether to have home or away fans only. All the pubs to my knowledge chose to be home fans only to not annoy the locals. Not too bad for business on Saturdays I guess, but they lose quite a bit of trade mid week.......the widdows is half empty on a night match without away fans.

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I understand your sarcasm, (well I would wouldn’t I?) But, the point is this, the pub suffers because the big away followings do swell the coffers, but when the smaller away groups are in town and not swelling the coffers the loyal home supporters have gone elsewhere because they are tired of not being able to get in the boozer or having to wait 30mins to get served.

so there!

Someone pinch your stool in the pointy room?

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I could be wrong here but I drink in the widdows on match day, which used to be a mix of home and away fans. Start of this season or last not sure which one, the police made all the pubs around the train station choose wether to have home or away fans only. All the pubs to my knowledge chose to be home fans only to not annoy the locals. Not too bad for business on Saturdays I guess, but they lose quite a bit of trade mid week.......the widdows is half empty on a night match without away fans.

I guess most away fans will use the rear exit of the station on midweek games and use the Harvester and such for a drink.

It was last season when the Widows stopped away fans on match days. They used to let away fans in apart from the obvious Forest, Leeds etc.

BTW, wtf is the Tiffany Lounge all about? The Crown and Cushion, as it was, was a right dodgy place bitd.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I guess most away fans will use the rear exit of the station on midweek games and use the Harvester and such for a drink.

It was last season when the Widows stopped away fans on match days. They used to let away fans in apart from the obvious Forest, Leeds etc.

BTW, wtf is the Tiffany Lounge all about? The Crown and Cushion, as it was, was a right dodgy place bitd.

Probably so, used to get a good mix of fans in the widows. Ironically some of the best lads we got talking to were millwall fans! 

Archived