Derby County V Sheffield Wednesday

peachmyster

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

In one we were the worst team in the history of the Premier League and one of the worst teams in the history of top flight football - So bad that even the Bleacher Report (which barely even knows what Football is) wrote an article about it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/686553-the-five-worst-teams-in-english-premier-league-history

Vs a team which had a remarkable implosion due to the resources not being there to cope with a couple of really key injuries - And even then it went down to the final game of the season for a playoff spot

That would be a fair comment if ANY of his signings were actually any good

As a reminder - Earnshaw, Todd, Claude, Miller, Villa, Feilhaber, Eddie Lewis and Griffin - Spent about £15m on that lot

Would you really have trusted him with even more money?

Villa was a Jewell signing :)

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

You can't control a result. You can only control performances.

That's the idea behind wanting a team to be the best team on the pitch. 

The best team on the pitch wins more often than not. 

So no, its not just about winning. It's about good habits, good organisation, good understanding. 

I'm not saying this just in relation to Derby. To any fan who ever says that it's only the win that counts. You can increase your chances of winning by good performances. 

I like the way Rowett sets up a team and that increases our chances of winning which is the ultimate goal  

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

In one we were the worst team in the history of the Premier League and one of the worst teams in the history of top flight football - So bad that even the Bleacher Report (which barely even knows what Football is) wrote an article about it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/686553-the-five-worst-teams-in-english-premier-league-history

Vs a team which had a remarkable implosion due to the resources not being there to cope with a couple of really key injuries - And even then it went down to the final game of the season for a playoff spot

That would be a fair comment if ANY of his signings were actually any good

As a reminder - Earnshaw, Todd, Claude, Miller, Villa, Feilhaber, Eddie Lewis and Griffin - Spent about £15m on that lot

Would you really have trusted him with even more money?

Kenny Miller was good 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Kenny Miller was good 

Miller was average at best - To be fair he had zero service but his attitude was awful - But by January he'd given up caring and was trying to engineer a move - At least most of the others worked hard the whole season - They just weren't a very good squad of players and played dreadful football

Just now, rustylee said:

Is there any footage on the Westwood incident did he handle the ball outside the box?

I heard a rumour it came off his waist

I'd more like FA clarification of how the take-out of Lawrence was legit - Yes, Lawrence got his shot away but had the keeper not taken him out then he would have been in with a very good shout of beating the defender to the rebound off the post - I'd like (genuinely) to know how this doesn't constitute serious foul play - Refs seem to think a foul isn't a foul if you've successfully got the shot off

40 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You really have been starved of quality if you think those three were "good"... sorry for you

You are talking to a man who saw Charlie George against Real Madrid before he cut his finger on Manor Road at Home with his Lawn Mower .

Do you remember that lol. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

You really have been starved of quality if you think those three were "good"... sorry for you

I thought villa was overrated but both hulse and commons were good for us, both would probably get in our team today.

1 hour ago, rustylee said:

Is there any footage on the Westwood incident did he handle the ball outside the box?

There's footage from a different angle in the Rams TV review show which they agreed showed he didn’t handle - just as I was thinking that it proved that he did! 

Shows it was very difficult to call. I thought it came off his forearm but if it hit his torso first then is it still handball? 

20 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

After spending a couple of days in the Postman Pat room at the CBeebies Land of Nod hotel at Alton Towers, and a few goes on the Postman Pat ride and others with the kids at Alton Towers, followed by another good nights sleep at the Uttoxeter Premier Inn, off to Derby we went.

Enjoyed 3 pints in The Smithfield with family and friends, the misses left with the youngest lad and headed off to Sheffield to stay with friends, before being joined by my friends dad and his wonderful friend who gave my eldest lad a wonderful wristband, who was there for his first Derby game.

30cskmh.jpg

I always love to be in pubs where you can see away fans also enjoying a pint and having good football chat and made very welcome like I always feel amongst very good Derby people. We talked about how controlled Derby's play was becoming and how they seemed to be managing the play and the game at the moment, and were quite confident this would continue.

The lad and I walked up to the ground to take a lot of pictures before enjoying the game, we loved holding up the black cards and enjoyied the three Derby flags behind us, (I didn't take the Aberdeenshire Rams flag to this game) we encouraged the players, the team and we both sat there very relaxed in the East Stand Upper, knowing seconds after we kicked off, that we would win the game.

A great day was enjoyed including catching the train to Sheffield after the game where my lad was invited by Sheff Wed fans to sit on a seat with their two young lads where they all sat happily talking football, before we were picked up at the Sheffield train station by our friends, a father and his young lad, Sheffield Wednesday fans who looked after us all Saturday night and Sunday morning before we drove back to Inverurie

I hope my boy remembers the game, the day and keeps his match programme and ticket and wonderful gift from a wonderful man for the rest of his life and loves Derby County like his Dad.

Is that the story in Inverurie? :mellow:

1 hour ago, curtains said:

You are talking to a man who saw Charlie George against Real Madrid before he cut his finger on Manor Road at Home with his Lawn Mower .

Do you remember that lol. 

Ha Ha...I know this....this is what worries me...

Those 3 wouldn't be in the top 250 players I have seen at Derby....so they cant be anywhere near the top 500 players you have seen...!

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha Ha...I know this....this is what worries me...

Those 3 wouldn't be in the top 250 players I have seen at Derby....so they cant be anywhere near the top 500 players you have seen...!

I'm taking your top x players comment with a pinch of salt considering you think Hughes is one of our best ever 3 players.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He is....whereas Villa isn't in the top 1000 Derby players..

Well you may be right about villa.

On 10/22/2017 at 19:52, Ellafella said:

Me too. I didn't mean individualists. I meant George Thorne like who do the simple things well.

if we win the game in hand then I'd agree that is a good effort...at the mo I'm not confident we will so your grade is based on something that may not happen. 

Ahem. SImple things? George is a prince among footballers, a colossus who lightens this dark and gloomy league by his mere presence alone. Intelligent, fleet of foot, a true leader amongst men and by all accounts, a sexual tyrannosaurus. Adjectives such as simple should not apply to 'Our George'.

* I may well have just totally undermined my own argument, in which case, I was probably wrong in the first place :D

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Ahem. SImple things? George is a prince among footballers, a colossus who lightens this dark and gloomy league by his mere presence alone. Intelligent, fleet of foot, a true leader amongst men and by all accounts, a sexual tyrannosaurus. Adjectives such as simple should not apply to 'Our George'.

* I may well have just totally undermined my own argument, in which case, I was probably wrong in the first place :D

By simple, I just meant wins the ball, looks up, sees a pass, plays it to the player in the spot-on place, for the player to receive it. A bit like Will Hughes's passing ability. Adds strength, and presence. Looks to have time on the ball; doesn't look hurried. Can score the odd goal from the edge of the box. Basically, adds a new dimension. A beacon of light amongst the gloom, an oasis in the desert that is our midfield, a real-ale nestling amongst a six-pack of cheap foreign lager, that sort of thing....:mellow:

Archived