Winnall to come in for Johnson ! Martin to start !

Curtains

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, curtains said:

Seriously though because Johnson is suspended for Red Dogs and Martin did so well at Cardiff when he came in I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea particularly because Red Dogs like short passing out from the back to get Winnalls energy in there somehow closing the down quickly. 

In other words Rams on the front foot from the off. 

Wouldn't Nugent & Vydra offer the same energy in closing down their back 4???

I started playing walking football a few months ago. At the age of 58 its great to get out of breath occasionally and have a bit of competition. We play outdoors on a 3g pitch. The rules are quite simple, no running, no physical contact, below head height, stay on your feet when making a tackle and have a pint or two after the game. 

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I started playing walking football a few months ago. At the age of 58 its great to get out of breath occasionally and have a bit of competition. We play outdoors on a 3g pitch. The rules are quite simple, no running, no physical contact, below head height, stay on your feet when making a tackle and have a pint or two after the game. 

You sound like a Rowett type player.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

What do you guys think. 

Hate (love) to be pedantic - But Winnall started the last game - So not sure he'd technically be coming in...

Martin and Vydra for me please - Vydra hasn't done anything wrong and was one of our more promising players against Birmingham - Understood dropping him to play a more 'solid' midfield in the away games but think it would be unfair to not pick him - And Winnall hasn't done anything to impress me so far - Looked energetic against B'ham but would rather see if Russell, Lawrence and Vydra could get some kind of understanding with Martin in front of them

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hate (love) to be pedantic - But Winnall started the last game - So not sure he'd technically be coming in...

Martin and Vydra for me please - Vydra hasn't done anything wrong and was one of our more promising players against Birmingham - Understood dropping him to play a more 'solid' midfield in the away games but think it would be unfair to not pick him - And Winnall hasn't done anything to impress me so far - Looked energetic against B'ham but would rather see if Russell, Lawrence and Vydra could get some kind of understanding with Martin in front of them

Vydra needs to do more for me. Goes missing in games   

Bench for me  

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

Vydra needs to do more for me. Goes missing in games   

Bench for me  

I like the look of Winnall but so far all he has done is score a goal which Martin would probably have scored anyway (he was right behind him)

Not sure how you can accuse Vydra of not doing enough when Winnall has done less...

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I like the look of Winnall but so far all he has done is score a goal which Martin would probably have scored anyway (he was right behind him)

Not sure how you can accuse Vydra of not doing enough when Winnall has done less...

Thought we played well at Cardiff 2nd half  without Vydra.  

So does Rowett make 2 changes or 1 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Top goal scorer and he’s the one that’s benched for needing to do more? It’s this kind of thinking that made us send Martin out on loan without a replacement!

How many pens i

I like Vydra but he cost us against Brentford and didn’t do much against Brum 

Thats rubbish talk about Martins loan 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thought we played well at Cardiff 2nd half  without Vydra.  

So does Rowett make 2 changes or 1 

Didn't see the game but I hear the same - Once Martin came on - Instead of Winnall

I'd make 2 changes - I think the only reason he went with Johnson for the last 2 games was we were away at a team who spanked us last season and the team at the top of the league

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

That’s a few changes from Cardiff then. 

Can these players perform from the start of games rather than impact subs. 

It’s difficult.

Football wise my preference would be Martin and Vydra but I’m not sure it would work,and I do take your point that Vydra is not hardworking enough at times.

I would probably go Winnall/Martin but I wouldn’t be unhappy with Nuge/Martin or Vydra/Martin either.

I’m just too easy going,

Archived