halloween when play hull city

B4ev6is

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, David said:

How about scrapping Halloween all together? I’m down for that.

Could celebrate it properly instead if you like? Supposed to hold a vigil at a place of worship and spend the day fasting ahead of a feast on All Hallow's Day (Nov 1st)

So - For those not off to Leeds - Candles and no booze outside Pride Park whilst listening to the radio commentary?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Could celebrate it properly instead if you like? Supposed to hold a vigil at a place of worship and spend the day fasting ahead of a feast on All Hallow's Day (Nov 1st)

So - For those not off to Leeds - Candles and no booze outside Pride Park whilst listening to the radio commentary?

Nah.

I’m still yet to be convinced there is something to celebrate.

Looks like an annual attempt to get your kids abducted by sending them door knocking for sweets from strangers. The very thing schools teach them not to do.

For those that fail to get abducted are shortly after treated to an expensive firework show, people moaning all year how skint they are settling light to twenty’s for a quick woosh, a bang and the neighbours dog pissing round the house as it goes berserk.

Santa’s alright though, Easter bunny is fairly harmless. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

For those that fail to get abducted are shortly after treated to an expensive firework show, people moaning all year how skint they are settling light to twenty’s for a quick woosh, a bang and the neighbours dog pissing round the house as it goes berserk.

See I'll defend bonfire night because I like the Britishness involved in having an annual celebration of someone cocking up hundreds of years ago

And they always used to have a mushy pea van on Long Eaton park - Love mushy peas and mint sauce in a little styrofoam cup - Proper nice winter warmer that - Happy to bin off the bonfire and fireworks but don't want to give that up

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

See I'll defend bonfire night because I like the Britishness involved in having an annual celebration of someone cocking up hundreds of years ago

And they always used to have a mushy pea van on Long Eaton park - Love mushy peas and mint sauce in a little styrofoam cup - Proper nice winter warmer that - Happy to bin off the bonfire and fireworks but don't want to give that up

Public displays fine, I can live with that.

Its the week before and after with numbnuts letting them off all day and past midnight. 

Know where I’d like to stick a rocket 

23 minutes ago, David said:

Public displays fine, I can live with that.

Its the week before and after with numbnuts letting them off all day and past midnight. 

Know where I’d like to stick a rocket 

Fair - I'll give you that one - Maybe just stop selling fireworks to people? 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, curtains said:

Hull away is Boxing Day lol

Glad we have clarified i would like a right idiot dressed as a pumpkin on boxing day.

Archived