Vydra apologises for mistake last night

Curtains

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

As someone pointed out.... we would be in the bottom 3 without him 

Could also argue if he wasn't on the pitch someone else could have scored the penalties........saying that though it's taken us long enough to find one that can score one

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Carson was just as guilty just before Vydra gave the ball away. Had it in his hands and tried to rush a counter attack rather than diving on the ball and wasting a bit of time, and trying to retain possession. The whole team was guilty of poor game management in that final 10 

Could the poor game management have come from fatigue that comes with defending for an entire game with next to no possesion ?

21 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Carson was just as guilty just before Vydra gave the ball away. Had it in his hands and tried to rush a counter attack rather than diving on the ball and wasting a bit of time, and trying to retain possession. The whole team was guilty of poor game management in that final 10 

I don't like to start slaying players but Carson's distribution has been terrible this season. 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

something very wrong in this, a player singles himself out for criticism in a game where the whole team were at fault.  Scorers play with confidence and arrogance; this does not look good

I'm actually very worried that this may affect a player who when confident is as dangerous a player as any in the league, when low on confidence, looks like a rabbit in headlights. Hopefully GR has got his spirits up and will play him from the start at Cardiff so we keep his vital mojo right.

3 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I don't like to start slaying players but Carson's distribution has been terrible this season. 

Personally I think his distribution has always been very poor and extremely slow which must be deliberate as on  a very few occasions he can actually do it

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It was particularly poor on Saturday. It’s odd, because it was fantastic last season, ie Ince winning the pen at Wolves and the last minute winner at Birmingham away

It's only a few times isn't though which frustrates me intensely but then again every time he kicks a goal kick he is aiming towards the half way line to Baird to head it and when Baird wasn't there as on Tuesday Forsyth would be the target? I wasn't there but I guess that was the case. I assumed that Huddlestone being on the toes of the centre halfs would mean that he would be taking the ball to pass it forwards to the attacking players but it doesn't seem to be the thinking.

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

something very wrong in this, a player singles himself out for criticism in a game where the whole team were at fault.  Scorers play with confidence and arrogance; this does not look good

Good point. For me the best way for a player to put right a mistake is to keep a lid on it, get focused and have really good run of games. That's what many fans want. Not twitter platitudes.  

Archived