Our next 10 fixtures

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a highly experienced team of players who actually know what they are doing, we may not be fantastic but we will get results.

my pre season bet on promotion still has its distance to go but our players know how to keep clean sheets our forwards know where the net is and Ledley is now filling in gaps in the midfield and with the likes of Martin and Thorne coming of the bench we have quality and when the likes of Lawrence start putting the ball in the net we can go up a gear potentially 

UTR 

Anything could happen. We have lost and won against top teams. I get the feeling some people on here would be happier to see us fail than do well. Them who won't be happy until Mel goes and the team goes to poo just so they can do the "told you so".  For me there is no one we can't take points off in league on our day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/09/2017 at 12:39, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What results and overall points haul do we expect from the next 10 beauties?

We have:

Cardiff - away

Forest - home

Sheff Weds - home

Norwich - away

Leeds - away

Reading- home

Fulham- away

Qpr - home

Middlesbrough - away

Ipswich- home

My crazy prediction sees us getting 17 points with us beating Cardiff, Forest, Wednesday, QPR and Ipswich. And a point against reading and Fulham.

I crazily predicted 17 points and we currently have 17 points with two games to go.

I cannot believe the turnaround.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I crazily predicted 17 points and we currently have 17 points with two games to go.

I cannot believe the turnaround.

It has been a turnaround,  but your crazy predictions only average out at 1.7 points per game so we were clearly coming off a low Base. 

We have had runs in most of our recent seasons where we've averaged more than 2 points per game,  I'm pretty sure.

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It has been a turnaround,  but your crazy predictions only average out at 1.7 points per game so we were clearly coming off a low Base. 

We have had runs in most of our recent seasons where we've averaged more than 2 points per game,  I'm pretty sure.

The actual haul over the last eight games is 2.125 points per game which is automatic promotion form. Whether or not we can sustain this remains to be seen but I am happy with how things are progressing.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

It's making me smile reading through all the doom and gloom predictions early in this thread. 

Now watch us go and make a mess of a group of so called easier fixtures.

Doom and gloom was affected by our form in previous matches. 

We took some whuppings at places we've done well at recently eg brizzle and blades. Plus our home form was lacklustre. 

We've done really well in some tough looking games. But reading showed how league position can be a poor guide to form. If we can overpower Ipswich and burton  (2 teams we didn't do so well against last season) then the all important momentum will be ours! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2017 at 12:39, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What results and overall points haul do we expect from the next 10 beauties?

We have:

Cardiff - away

Forest - home

Sheff Weds - home

Norwich - away

Leeds - away

Reading- home

Fulham- away

Qpr - home

Middlesbrough - away

Ipswich- home

My crazy prediction sees us getting 17 points with us beating Cardiff, Forest, Wednesday, QPR and Ipswich. And a point against reading and Fulham.

Not crazy enough apparently!

Just the 20 points as it turned out.

Archived